Drop off quote?

F

FireTowerBBQ

I need to give a quote to someone for a drop off. 30 people, sliced brisket, beans, potato salad, sauce. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

I would do it for between $270 and $300 depending on how much brisket is selling per lb

I would do it for between $270 and $300 depending on how much brisket is selling per lb

That's pretty much where I was at. I was thinking $10 a plate. Brisket is around $2.39 per pound unless you can find it on sale. Thanks.

No less than $10 per head, plus a delivery fee of 30 - 50 depending on distance. We usually have a minimum of $500, but bend it for regulars and friends.

No less than $10 per head, plus a delivery fee of 30 - 50 depending on distance. We usually have a minimum of $500, but bend it for regulars and friends.

Thanks. This is for a friend. It's about 10 minutes from my house.

$9.50 per person including buns and sauce if they wanted it.

For me smaller jobs just don't pencil out, especially for $300 to do 30 people. Now if I had a restaurant and was prepping the food already and had all I had to do was toss on a brisket that is a different story. For a caterer you have to go shopping, usually more than one place so that adds up time and gas, then you have to get the smoker up and smoking and for a brisket it is smoking for many hours. If you have pellet or elec/gas smoker there is a cost and if you have a wood burner then you have to keep it stoked (wood and time) Finally you add in all the rubs, sauces and travel/time to get the food to the client. I figure that for his job if you end up with $50 you are lucky. My travel times and fuel expense for shopping may be longer than yours.

I used to feel just like you PorkQPine and had a 50 person minimum. Then with times a little tight I decided that I would drop the minimum to 25 people. In years past I don't get any calls in winter months but since dropping my minimum the 1st of Febuary I have had one group of peopel call me for 4 drop offs in Feb and March $300 each and have booked them for two catering events of 75 pople this summer and also spawned couple other jobs from their employees. So it seems to be working for me.

I used to feel just like you PorkQPine and had a 50 person minimum. Then with times a little tight I decided that I would drop the minimum to 25 people. In years past I don't get any calls in winter months but since dropping my minimum the 1st of Febuary I have had one group of peopel call me for 4 drop offs in Feb and March $300 each and have booked them for two catering events of 75 pople this summer and also spawned couple other jobs from their employees. So it seems to be working for me.

As in everything, being flexible and adjusting policies with the times is a valuable asset. Next winter I'll try that if I get slow. Glad it is working for you.

Thanks for the replies. I am new business, so I need anything I can get. For the time being, I'll take just about anything to get my name out there.

Back