Peach BBQ Sauce recipe

N

n-2-que

Here is my attempt on peach bbq sauce and i like it alot so hope someone can use this. i used canned peaches as they are not in season might try the frozen ones, but this worked great for my needs.

48 fluid ounces peach slices in light syrup
1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch

1. Puree peaches
2. Mix cornstarch with a little water
3. Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and heat to low boil, stirring occasionally
4. continue to simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently
5. Sauce may be thin, so at the end of cooking time, if necessary, add sufficient water/cornstarch mixture to give sauce consistency of commercial barbecue sauce

YUM!!! Did you create this over time? It looks well conceived.

I'm a Big Fan of Peach...
I will be giving your recipe a try, Thanks for posting it....

sounds good,i like peaches,,i might add some jalapino,though to counter some of the sweetness.

Have you tried reducing it rather than thickening with corn starch? Seems like that would be even better.

i was on a time schedule when i made this up, you could certainly reduce if you have the time, when i blended with the oil it creates a emulsion with all the ingredients and still emulsified. i used arrowroot and not cornstarch, but again then is a million ways to skin a cat :p all are great ideas.

Thanks for sharing, Bro!
I will definately be making this one to try.
Gonna have a lot of time on my hands after my lay-off on the 27th...

Dang Bill, your getting pretty high falutin with your fancy shmancy talk of emulsions and arrowroot thickening agents!!!
Good on ya.
ModelMaker

yea modelmaker they are stuffing me full of knowledge and it just comes spilling out. but man am i having a complete blast, between the 30 pound pizza and then last night playing with chain saws in class, i made a aztec stone head ice sculptor for a banquet tonight might have to see if there are any good pics of it to share with everyone, and yes first time sculpting ice.

Sauce sounds good! What do you serve it with?

Chicken sounds good, maybe pork?

JimT

i am actually part of a BBQ comp at school on the 30th of this month, students against students 6 teams... i am using this sauce, and a pineapple injection, and our spice rub, i wanted to change everything up from the tomato based everyone else is using, that's how this actually came about. but team is 3 of us so alot of ideas got thrown around. and our team is called "butt cheeks" no i did not come up with it LOL

Back