Those crazy Polocks just got Egged

Sawdustguy

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Not being known as an example of total sanity. I talked my wife Michele into getting ourselved a just for chits and giggles present, a new extra large Big Green Egg. We found a dealer on Lakeland Ave. in Bohemia and pulled the trigger yesterday afternoon. The egg will be delivered this Wednesday. We decided to grab a few Eggstras for our new bad boy. We got the side shelves, the metal stand, Pizza stone, roasting rack, the plate setter, an extra grill gripper, grill extender, rib rack roaster, cover, drip pan, versa grate and a BBQ Guru DigiQ II with Guru attachment. We can wait to start Qing on this bad boy.

Congrats Guy & Michelle !!!

Went for the XL huh ?? I'll be curious to your findings regarding the shape. I could never understand why BGE did not make the XL exactly proportionate to the other models at the dome level.

How was that dealer in Bohemia ? Did they actually have a lot of stuff in stock ? Did you find the prices reasonable ?

Congrats, Guy! Sounds like a nice package. If you do need other stuff, I can recommend Tom's stuff at EggAccessories. His adjustable rig for the Large is a great tool. I'm sure that the XL setup is equally well made. (He's also a Brethren, user name tjv).

Vitale fuel is the dealer in Bohemia.. thats were I bought my DCS. The old man still glued to the couch there? :)

Congrats Guy & Michelle !!!

Went for the XL huh ?? I'll be curious to your findings regarding the shape. I could never understand why BGE did not make the XL exactly proportionate to the other models at the dome level.

How was that dealer in Bohemia ? Did they actually have a lot of stuff in stock ? Did you find the prices reasonable ?

Vinny,

Congratulations on your Egg also. Actually your thread gave me the idea. The price was $1198 with the stand and fold out shelves. The dealer was Vitale Bottled Gas on Lakeland Avenue, just south of Vets Highway in Bohemia. They didn't have alot of accessories so Michele ordered them off the internet. They offered free delivery so we took it. It is a monster, but thats why I have two strapping nehpews on the team. Stay well.

Vitale fuel is the dealer in Bohemia.. thats were I bought my DCS. The old man still glued to the couch there? :)

We had to wait for them to come back from Florida otherwise we would have had it this week. None of the Gas men would sell it to me.

Congrats on the new Egg!

One quick ? Are ya gonna need a bigger trailer now?

Congrats, Guy! Sounds like a nice package. If you do need other stuff, I can recommend Tom's stuff at EggAccessories. His adjustable rig for the Large is a great tool. I'm sure that the XL setup is equally well made. (He's also a Brethren, user name tjv).

I'll have to check this out. I love gadgets and I know I'll need more.:-D:biggrin:

Third hand is a must have. Way better than grate gripper.
GrateLifterCollage4.jpg

Hear he is hard to get off the couch also :biggrin:

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/10/thirdhand-grate-lifting-hanging-tool.html

Didn't see an ash tool listed in things you picked up. Also need one of those for sure.

Didn't see an ash tool listed in things you picked up. Also need one of those for sure.

Yup, getting one of those and one of those grill lifter uppers too. Doesn't 3rd Eye make one that works with the BGE. I have to be honest, I am as eggcited as I was when I got my Spicewine. Now I have to figure out a name for her.

Yup, getting one of those and one of those grill lifter uppers too. Doesn't 3rd Eye make one that works with the BGE. I have to be honest, I am as eggcited as I was when I got my Spicewine. Now I have to figure out a name for her.

Ethel?

Thirdeye makes the "Thirdhand Grill lifter" Works way better than those pliers type.
DSC04523atitle.jpg

Here is link it has a video demo. Also order a wiggle rod.

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/10/thirdhand-grate-lifting-hanging-tool.html

Back