Beautiful day to Grill

G

gunrunner2491

Temp. was about 49 degrees, went down to the local hardware store and bought a Baby Weber. I cooked some Sirloin Steak, Brats with pineapple, and some 1 1/2" Iowa Chops

DVC00011.jpg

DVC00020.jpg

DVC00031.jpg

DVC00035.jpg

Family did'nt give me the chance to get some Pics. of the Iowa Chops before they were plated up.

That looks like a lighter fluid fueled bonfire! `fess up!

Whoa Bro! Hasn't anyone warned you guys about the chemicals (Yup! 7 different cancer causing agents) used to press briquets? And then throw lighter fluid on it to boot? Yikes! Just a lesson from a cancer survivor at age 46. Use da Mesquite Wood for all your Qing needs.

I cannot tell a lie, I cheated today. I won't do it again, tomorrow I will use a chimney, and post pics. for proof.

Now that's actual tail-gating, isn't it?
Nice lookin' food.
Try a charcoal chimney. They light as fast (maybe faster to ash over) as using lighter fluid and your food will taste much better.

Now that's actual tail-gating, isn't it?
Nice lookin' food.
Try a charcoal chimney. They light as fast (maybe faster to ash over) as using lighter fluid and your food will taste much better.

I aprove and agree with this statement.

Chimneys are the only way to go.

Don't worry guys, it wasn't lighter fluid. It was probably MATCH LIGHT!
Thats the charcoal that makes food taste better right :twisted:

BTW good looking grinds and no worries about using the fluid. Obviously not the prefered method but you still got to grill up some good grub which in my book is better than not grilling at all :cool:

I was amazed at how fast a chimney works!
As long as you're cookin,life is good!
(but get rid of the lighter fluid...please!)

Who gives a chit. The coals are are completely white(looks like it all burned off), added a slight smoke element(da wood chunks), and most importantly looks like its being done on the tailgate of his pickup.

Count me in for some of dat brother. I'll bring the beer.

I had a smokey joe under my arm in Target last fall, $8. Then I started thinking what do I need another grill for......and put it back on the shelf. Never fails, always get in trouble when I start thinkin', knucklehead move putting it back! T

First thing I noticed as well, the unmistakable look of lighter fluid/matchlight. We all knew what it was because we've done it too :evil: Nothing wrong with cheating a little every now and then, especially when your breaking in a new toy on the back of your truck! If you let all the lighter fluid burn off, let the coals get white ALL over, you wont taste it. I sometimes cheat with matchlight when tailgating, its just easier than hauling around a chimney etc. I had one of those smokey joes, great little grill, mom uses it all the time.

Back