MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
tony76248
is One Chatty Farker

Default Terrell Texas

Congrats to all the Brethren who cooked this weekend. A big congrats to DeeZ for taking a walk. You earned it bro, great job on that chicken.

There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Brinkmann Model 6668 Gasser
Hibachi Grill
Stumps GF223 w/ Stoker assist
ECB that wins the $
Weber One-Touch Gold 22-1/2"
#3 Komono
Large BGE w/ Stoker assist
55 gallon Drum Smoker
Wood Crate Cold smoker w/ smoke injector
No need for certification, I already know good BBQ!
tony76248 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
chromesporty
is one Smokin' Farker

Congrats to DeeZ on the walk in the chicken. I think he's got that category pretty much nailed. It was great to see you guys again. See ya down the road.

New R&O smoker - Flaco
Battle tested WSM - R2D2
chromesporty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2007, 08:19 AM   #3
tony76248
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromesporty View Post
Congrats to DeeZ on the walk in the chicken. I think he's got that category pretty much nailed. It was great to see you guys again. See ya down the road.
You have a point there. I can't help but look over his shoulder. I actually cooked about the best chicken I could at Terrell last weekend. At least now I know what they are not looking for. Deez has shared with me his process, I was looking for my own......sigh.....I'll keep looking but will definitely be leaning in his direction. I'll leave it at that.....for now.

Hibachi Grill
ECB that wins the $
#3 Komono
55 gallon Drum Smoker

Old 04-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #4
Pirate
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Hey ya'll,
I cooked in Terrell this last weekend too. It was my first cook-off and we took 10th place in Ribs(Local). My chicken didn't even make to the final tabel though. It was probably the best looking and best tastin' bird I ever cooked. I need a lil' assistance with both if I'm going to keep doing this. Any help would be appreciated including a heads up on any local BBQ cook-off's in the DFW area. Thanks
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #5
tony76248
is One Chatty Farker

Check out this website. IBCA was the sanctioning body at the Terrell cookoff. You can also google lone star bbq and they sanction events locally as well. They are actually having an event in Meunster this weekend.

Congrats on your good showing in Terrell. It just takes practice and knowing what the local judges are looking for. Ninth place brisket in the local divison tasted like lighter fluid though. Therefore I have to question the judges in Terrell. If you know who turned that in tell them congrats too........then scratch your head and wonder why you didn't place any higher. If you know the judges give them a kick in the pants for me too.

Hibachi Grill
ECB that wins the $
#3 Komono
55 gallon Drum Smoker