MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
dobdabomb
Full Fledged Farker

Default Catering Prices

I havent seen a thread in a while on this but I am curious how much you charge per meat, especially whole. I have done this a handful but curious what prices are now nationwide on average for catering. This is just for the meat, id appreciate it.

Boston Butt 8lb'er(cooked 4-5lbs)
St. Louis Rib Full Rack
Baby Back Full Rack
Quarter Chicken's per piece
Brisket 13-15lb'er

I am going to do a labor day cook so curious if things have changed much from what I have charged before. I think I have been fairly conservative.

Thanks guys.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
garzanium
Full Fledged Farker

I dont do catering-but im certain there is no "national average" as some meats(example Brisket in TX vs Brisket in the north east) have a much different price based on the region. I would look at local joints and base my price off of that. Im certain their cost of meats and cooking/serving material is lower than yours-so that is something to consider as well.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
dobdabomb
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by garzanium View Post
I dont do catering-but im certain there is no "national average" as some meats(example Brisket in TX vs Brisket in the north east) have a much different price based on the region. I would look at local joints and base my price off of that. Im certain their cost of meats and cooking/serving material is lower than yours-so that is something to consider as well.

What I meant by national average was by taking a look at those post after mine and seeing what is the norm. I understand what you mean though and I agree. I get some of my meat pretty cheap and should be close to cost from seeing what my local mom and pops get them for.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #4
dobdabomb
Full Fledged Farker

Man figured there would be feedback here, thought a lot catered.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Catering isn't the sale of meat, it's the preparation and service of providing the whole meal from salad to desert including beverages. Prices are set on per person and vary depending upon the choices within the confines of the menu..

For Ala Carte pick-up in foil pans, minimum 5 lb order as follows

Brisket $13.00 @ Lb
Pulled Pork $10.50 @ Lb
Chicken $3.00 per leg quarter, $4.00 per breast quarter
St Louis Ribs $14.00 @ Lb
Baby Backs $16.00 @ Lb
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 08-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
The Pig's Blanket
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobdabomb View Post
Man figured there would be feedback here, thought a lot catered.
You might try posting in the catering area? Those guys helped me out
Old 08-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #7
dobdabomb
Full Fledged Farker

Gotcha, guess I have never seen it. Will look for section. Thanks guys.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #8
toadhunter911
is one Smokin' Farker

Final pricing always depends on what you pay for your raw product, what it costs to create your finished product, and what your time is worth to you. Most here use the cost x 3 method to set pricing. YMMV.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:15 PM   #9
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

I don't sell meats "whole" I have seen those who do, say they charge $XX per butt. To me if you do it that way and cook a case somebody is going to get 4.5lbs and another is going to get 3.4lbs from two different butts. I sell by the lb and we are getting $11.95lb for pork and $16.95lb for brisket.
HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote