• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

what are you cooking for new years day?????

deepsouth

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
the 'always on our new years day menu' items are black eyed peas, collard/turnip greens, cabbage & cornbread. i'm also going to smoke a chicken and a couple pork tenderloins.

for seasoning all the vegetables, i keep it simple..... ham, ham hocks, bacon and onion, salt and pepper. i've already started the greens and will probably cook the cabbage and peas today as well.

86C684FD-73D7-4655-B5EF-33AE265DC106-31053-000003C33B3B8765.jpg

Hop John, Corn muffins, Tacos AL Pastor (I'm killin the Kidd today), and I'll smoke some sausage

Cooking butt and ribs today due to bad weather on the way and Bludawg's Hop John recipe for black eyed peas. Granny would spin like a top in her grave if we didn't have them on New Year's Day.

A butt, a fatty & some bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos & possibly a brisket if my buddy swings by with one. Sounds like a good way to christen my new smoker.

In the afternoon, roast a prime rib. Make a Colombian appetizer called deditos. It's dough filled with salty cheese. Now just before the partying starts, you're going to laugh or probably flat out ridicule me. Frozen southwest taquitos. It has become somewhat of a tradition that started 3 years ago. :crazy:

Think I'll pick up an 8# chuckie, and make some pulled beef sammies. Great way to watch the Rose Bowl

Nine pound pork loin, but it's gonna have to be done inside due to bad weather. I was hoping to christen the new WSM 22, but temps in the upper 30s and high probablilty of precip put the kibosh on that. Oh, yeah - blackeyed peas, cabbage, broccoli/cauliflower w/cheese sauce, crescent rolls and red velvet cake for dessert along with all the leftover Christmas cookies, fudge, etc.

Blackeye jpeas, with the Christmas ham bone I've been saving -- isn't that why they put those holidays next to each other? Pork butt and a green to be determined.

Ham,meatloaf,cabbage,purple hull peas,sweet potatoes and cornbread.....for 100 people.:crazy:

Pepper Stout Beef...served on Garlic Hard Rolls with horse radish mayo! Can't wait!

Happy New Year guys!

I am doing Osechi Ryori, the traditional Japanese New Year feast my family observes.

Teriyaki Chicken
Makisushi (sushi rolls)
Inarisushi (sushi rice in fried tofu wrappers)
Oden (Chicken and Fish stew)
Soba (hot bonito and green onion broth with buckwheat noodles)
Kuromame (sugar cured black soy beans)
Braised pork belly with Shiitake mushrooms (maybe)
Mizuna Soup with sweet rice dumplings (Mizuna is a mustard leaf)

Back