Funny Story

Meat Man

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was talking with my wife, and she asked what comps we were planning to do. I mentioned the Coalville comp here in Utah, and went into great detail about how fun it's gonna be. Dual comp, nestled in the Wasatch Mountains, big prize money, and a lot of our friends are going to be there. She asked the dates, and I told here her June 28th through July 1st. She asked if I knew what day June 30th was, and I said, I think it's Saturday. With a straight face she looked at me ever so lovingly and told me no, it's our Anniversary. I'm a BBQ junkie.

Woops, you need to make it up to her somehow. If the wife aint happy.......... well, you know the rest.

Spoken with 38 years of experience with the wife.

Man that's over a month away, I say you get a pass. We're not machines ladies. We're people too, except we have an addiction. :)

But it's expected that you'll fark up specifically because you are guys, and you do have an addiction. Try being a female with the same addiction, and forgetting all kinds of chit like your anniversary. You wanna talk about socially unacceptable? :doh:

It's ok tish you're on the right track, the first step is admitting you have a problem. If all else fails play dumb, that's what we do. Eventually they come to expect it and it gets easier.

I think she is just saying, that Meat Man needs to make sure that she has a good time at the comp and that she wants some special treat while she is building boxes

Welcome to the addiction. Tell her you could be at the strip clubs :twisted:
It worked for me once, that magical moment in time:rolleyes:

It's ok tish you're on the right track, the first step is admitting you have a problem. If all else fails play dumb, that's what we do. Eventually they come to expect it and it gets easier.

Now you have gone and let our little secret out of the bag. Guess we will have to come up with something else now. :mmph:

The last two years my wonderful wife and I have spent our anniversary in Kettering Ohio judging a comp there.
Last year I got us a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express. (how romantic right?)
Then it dawned on me to score some points by having roses delivered to the room, so when I ordered them I call the front desk to let them know the plan and when we got there on Friday night, they had upgraded us to a King Jacuzzi Suite. And the roses were beuatiful and she teared up. Happy 12th aniversary honey.

SCORE

One piece of advise my parents gave me 27 years ago, (before I was married) was never forget HER birthday or your anniversary... in all those years I have never forgotten. Neither has she...so this is good.

Sounds like maybe it didn't bother her too much :razz:. If that is the case then you found a keeper. One thing to not remember exactly what that day is months out vs. not remember that day on the actual day :becky:.

You know what she is really a great girl. We've been married almost 27 years, and we have a lot of laughs together. In a matter of fact she just bought her first smoker, and we were putting it together last night. Amy really got me good when she asked if it was her anniversary present. Off to the jeweler I go.

a65301d5.jpg

Will, if I'm not mistaken she has the addiction just as bad as you do so I'm sure you'll be alright. I will say that I'm not sure about her buying her own smoker. One of these days our wives are going to team up and decimate us at comps..

Back