Fish Tacos

Abelman

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We did up some fish tacos last night. Always a family favorite, even for the kids.

I grilled up some Orange Roughy (on the grill grates actually). I brush a very light coat of canola oil on them and then put on an orange based rub for fish. It works perfectly. Been using the combo for years. Anyway, grilled at 400° for about 10 minutes total. Check out the pic on the plate where it's shredded. I didn't add a single thing to that, it just finishes that moist:

Fish.jpg

Done-30.jpg

Had some sliced fresh avacado, cottage cheese with chives and the main course. I use corn tortillas heated in some EVOO. Then, a healthy dose of fish, a little spicy Rotel, and some home made slaw that is simply cabbage, lime juice, kosher salt, black pepper and some olive oil. I mix it right before we eat so it still has the crunch. Just a tad of shredded cheese to boot. Last topping to go on for me is some Sriracha Sauce:

Dinner-20.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Good to see you again Abel!
Love the looks of that Phish n' tacos!

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words.

As for the rub, sorry, that one is a family deal.

As for the tortillas, not homemade but locally made and fresh.

Phubar, thanks as well. You still put up some amazing stuff time and time again. Couple folks didn't like me being here so I've kept a low profile. That's life as Frank Sinatra used to say, LOL.

Dinner-20.jpg

Yum! I'd tear those up in a heartbeat... :thumb:

Love the Sriracha Sauce at the end.

Oh man! I'd fark those north!!! Haven't had a good fish taco in a LONG minute! Great job on those! :clap:

Cheers

I love fish tacos
And those look great
Thanks for sharing looking forward to more

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Couple folks didn't like me being here so I've kept a low profile. That's life as Frank Sinatra used to say, LOL.
Ok neighbor, family secret, I can respect that.
I'm brand new around here, but even I wouldn't dangle a family recipe on this forum and then clam up on the only key piece of the puzzle. :yell:
Lets see what you can make that you will share with us.
Guess I'm not surprised about your keeping a low profile. :icon_pissed

I'm brand new around here, but even I wouldn't dangle a family recipe on this forum and then clam up on the only key piece of the puzzle. :yell:

Kinda the way I feel about my chili recipe.............ain't gonna happen!:tsk:
We can't give away ALL the secrets, now can we?:heh:
I'd hit them tacos:thumb:

Ahh, I didn't use a rub on the fish, that's it, yeah, that's it. :p

However, if I did, I would just find a rub that is meant for fish and that you enjoy. Afterall, as much as we do, some is objective and a lot is subjective. Thus, more art than science most of the time.

Pete.... looks killer! :thumb:
Good to see ya. :)

Hey Jeanie, always nice to see an old friend and I'm not referring to your age :doh:

Thanks for the kind words. Hope all is well. Your blog tells me you're doing just fine and I'm missing out on all the good vittles you're mixing up out there.

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words.

As for the tortillas, not homemade but locally made and fresh.

Phubar, thanks as well. You still put up some amazing stuff time and time again. Couple folks didn't like me being here so I've kept a low profile. That's life as Frank Sinatra used to say, LOL.

Does that sound familiar! :tsk: Pete, I hope you stick around. :wink:

Back