MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
cubfan1968
Found some matches.

Default Entry Fee Notification

As the BBQ contests get more popular the need to enter earlier becomes an issue. My beef is I wish the contest organizers would notify you as soon as thet received your entry fee. With these clowns out there stealing letters with checks inside, it would be nice to know the check arrived at it's destination.
cubfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
Alexa RnQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Location: the Ninth Ring of Hell, cleverly disguised as Phoenix

Another reason to love online registration.

If I'm stressing over receipt of an entry, I'll notify the organizer it's on its way, and call again to confirm receipt.

[url=http://www.rhythmnque.com]Rhythm 'n QUE[/url]
Alexa RnQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
HawgNationBBQ
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubfan1968 View Post
As the BBQ contests get more popular the need to enter earlier becomes an issue. My beef is I wish the contest organizers would notify you as soon as thet received your entry fee. With these clowns out there stealing letters with checks inside, it would be nice to know the check arrived at it's destination.
I agree-as Diva said-I too call or email one week after we mail the application.
[COLOR=black][COLOR=blue][B]-[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=black][COLOR=blue][B]- Backwoods Competitor[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue][B]-- Ugly Drum Smoker[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue][B]-- XL BGE[/B][/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][B]HAWG Nation on Twitter: [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=black][URL="http://twitter.com/HawgNationBBQ"][COLOR=#0000ff][B]@HawgNationBBQ[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.TheBestMeatRub.com"][B][COLOR=blue]www.TheBestMeatRub.com[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
HawgNationBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
cubfan1968
Found some matches.

You guys are right and I do follow up, but for 200+ beans I shouldn't have to.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
Alexa RnQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Location: the Ninth Ring of Hell, cleverly disguised as Phoenix

LOL! I can't remember the last contest we did that was that cheap!
And honestly, if I'm sinking a fair amount of money into anything these days, *I* do the followup.

[url=http://www.rhythmnque.com]Rhythm 'n QUE[/url]
Alexa RnQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
The Virginian
On the road to being a farker

For a couple bucks you can get a receipt confirmation from the US Postal Service. I have been competing for 9 years now, and I have never had an organizer independently confirm receipt of an application, so I think you can just stop wishing that will ever happen. Not even sure its a reasonable expectation, I send checks for bills through the mail all the time and no businesses send me confirmation of receipt.

Brett
The Virginian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #7
cubfan1968
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virginian View Post
For a couple bucks you can get a receipt confirmation from the US Postal Service. I have been competing for 9 years now, and I have never had an organizer independently confirm receipt of an application, so I think you can just stop wishing that will ever happen. Not even sure its a reasonable expectation, I send checks for bills through the mail all the time and no businesses send me confirmation of receipt.

Brett
True, cashing the check would be enough confirmation for me (if they would do it)

Old 04-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #8
HawgNationBBQ
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virginian View Post

Brett
I think in this day and age of technology and email, it really isn’t too much to expect to get a confirmation of receipt. As an example, I submitted an application in December 2010 with a check. As usual, I took the initiative to contact the organizer and it was confirmed that my application and check was received. Three months later, the website was finally updated with attendees and my check has still yet to be cashed. I think for competitions that have limited availability, lottery system or a cut-off date, it is not unreasonable to expect an email. IMO
[COLOR=black][COLOR=blue][B]-[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=black][COLOR=blue][B]- Backwoods Competitor[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue][B]-- Ugly Drum Smoker[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue][B]-- XL BGE[/B][/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][B]HAWG Nation on Twitter: [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=black][URL="http://twitter.com/HawgNationBBQ"][COLOR=#0000ff][B]@HawgNationBBQ[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.TheBestMeatRub.com"][B][COLOR=blue]www.TheBestMeatRub.com[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
HawgNationBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote