New Catering/vending Trailer

CUSTOM CONCESSION TRAILERS BY; WorldWide Trailer Sales, Inc. / Olympia

Well it is time to think about expanding for next year and this is one of the makers I am looking at. I would also like all pros and cons of Fec's OHP's and Southern Prides which is what I will be putting on it. As of now the FEC has the edge. All advice is greatly welcome.

Sweet rig!

The FEC or Southern Pride would be great. A lot depends on whether you want to be tied to a gas tank and logs. Obviously ash clean up with the FEC is much easier and you'll need electric no matter which way you go.

Decisions, decisions!:lol:

Have you checked out these guys? http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com/ This is where I will be buying my concession trailer when I get the funding. Good people, give them a shout!

Thanks Bossmanbbq! I appreciate it. Just give us a chance to quote them guys. In reality, I could build that trailer and the buyer finish it out with the equipment they need for about half of what that one list for.

Thanks Bossmanbbq! I appreciate it. Just give us a chance to quote them guys. In reality, I could build that trailer and the buyer finish it out with the equipment they need for about half of what that one list for.

that is why I called you

just need to sell something and I am rolling!

CUSTOM CONCESSION TRAILERS BY; WorldWide Trailer Sales, Inc. / Olympia

Well it is time to think about expanding for next year and this is one of the makers I am looking at. I would also like all pros and cons of Fec's OHP's and Southern Prides which is what I will be putting on it. As of now the FEC has the edge. All advice is greatly welcome.

Man, thats a sweet rig Kevin... Couple of things to think about. Is this going to be just for roadside or do you plan to do festivals, comps and such?
(A) Trailer that size will a be hard to move around in most festivals and events.
(B) Very expensive to place. I run a 20ft and can fit in most space alotments. It will cost you almost double in most situations for a 30ft unit.
(C) Hope you have a 1 ton truck to pull it.

Tough to say which is better between the FE and the SP. Roto or shelving both huge capacity... I would go for the FE750. Plenty of cooking area and fairly efficiant on fuel. Seems the FE it would be easier to clean to.

Just my .02

Man, thats a sweet rig Kevin... Couple of things to think about. Is this going to be just for roadside or do you plan to do festivals, comps and such?
(A) Trailer that size will a be hard to move around in most festivals and events.
(B) Very expensive to place. I run a 20ft and can fit in most space alotments. It will cost you almost double in most situations for a 30ft unit.
(C) Hope you have a 1 ton truck to pull it.

Tough to say which is better between the FE and the SP. Roto or shelving both huge capacity... I would go for the FE750. Plenty of cooking area and fairly efficiant on fuel. Seems the FE it would be easier to clean to.

Just my .02

Ya with the rig I have now I am already buying two spots. It will be a big change for me going to and FEC over the BWS but it needs to be done. I don't care what I use as long as it puts out the product I want it to. As far as the truck I have a 3/4 ton that i will modify for the short term until i get anotherone.This will be my roadside and catering rig the last one I hope so I will get all the goodies i can in it. How is business bud it has been slamin here.

Ya with the rig I have now I am already buying two spots. It will be a big change for me going to and FEC over the BWS but it needs to be done. I don't care what I use as long as it puts out the product I want it to. As far as the truck I have a 3/4 ton that i will modify for the short term until i get anotherone.This will be my roadside and catering rig the last one I hope so I will get all the goodies i can in it. How is business bud it has been slamin here.

Biz is good!... Catering is pickin up quickly and the vending is coming around. I'm not in the orginal location anymore. Rent was too high and believe it or not the traffic was to heavy!!! Almost impossible to get in or out of the lot I was in. We are vending weekends for now when the weather is nice. If I get most of the catering gigs I'm bidding it will be a full time job this summer. :p

Hiya AFU, when ya gonna update your website, add your roadside schedule and such? We wanna come up for some BBQ! ASU

Hiya AFU, when ya gonna update your website, add your roadside schedule and such? We wanna come up for some BBQ! ASU
I will tell my web guy/brother/partner that he is slackin.We are ther tues thru friday 11-5 and sat if we are not catering.

Have you checked out these guys? http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com/ This is where I will be buying my concession trailer when I get the funding. Good people, give them a shout!

Scroll down to the second row of pictures, you will see that this is the same brand of trailer that I have. Mine is just the basic trailer, but still made by the same manufacturer.....

http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com/bbqcomptrailers.html

Now not to knock Extreme BBQ and their efforts, but I do have an issue with the manufacturer. They still will not stand behind their warranty.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56564&highlight=mold

I hope that nobody else has had that problem as I have. If so, please let me know.

Thanks,
Bill

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your sealant. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion about manufacturers. And I have felt the same way about several brands of a lot of things. I've had GM repair/change out the steering column lube kit in my 05' Sierra 6 times and they still can't get it right. Not to mention a rear end that has been replaced and still whines at 40 mph. I make a point to stay involved in the entire build process with the manufacturer and my customers. I've never had any issues.

I know it sucks to have to deal with warranty issues and maybe the guys that applied the sealant didn't know what they were doing, that is possible these days. I think all of us that try to run a small business can agree it's hard to find good help and we always go back to the old cliche' if you want it done right do it yourself.

I'm in no way trying to put him on the spot, (Sorry Chris) but PM Chris with QueTPies BBQ and ask him about his trailer. I personally made a trip to Little rock to see it when he competed in Smoke on the Water and he had nothing negative to say about the whole experience. We had several conversations months before he purchased from me and he did alot of "due diligence" research on me and the manufacturer. A couple of months later he purchased his trailer and I consider him a friend. Many of you have probably seen pics. on the forum and I would encourage anyone that is going to be in Lula, MS to look me up and Chris and check it out in person.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your sealant. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion about manufacturers. And I have felt the same way about several brands of a lot of things. I've had GM repair/change out the steering column lube kit in my 05' Sierra 6 times and they still can't get it right. Not to mention a rear end that has been replaced and still whines at 40 mph. I make a point to stay involved in the entire build process with the manufacturer and my customers. I've never had any issues.

I know it sucks to have to deal with warranty issues and maybe the guys that applied the sealant didn't know what they were doing, that is possible these days. I think all of us that try to run a small business can agree it's hard to find good help and we always go back to the old cliche' if you want it done right do it yourself.

I'm in no way trying to put him on the spot, (Sorry Chris) but PM Chris with QueTPies BBQ and ask him about his trailer. I personally made a trip to Little rock to see it when he competed in Smoke on the Water and he had nothing negative to say about the whole experience. We had several conversations months before he purchased from me and he did alot of "due diligence" research on me and the manufacturer. A couple of months later he purchased his trailer and I consider him a friend. Many of you have probably seen pics. on the forum and I would encourage anyone that is going to be in Lula, MS to look me up and Chris and check it out in person.

If you have read my thread, you will get the full picture of the problem.
I am in no way knocking the quality of the trailer. In fact, I too, did a lot of research in trailers before making up my mind. The dealer where I bought it had like 4 other brands, and this one was by far, a lot better quality than most of the others. I love the trailer itself, it is just the issue with the sealant and them not standing behind their warranty. They claim it isn't their problem, I say it is along with everyone else that sees it, including the dealer where I bought it.... Just a bad batch of sealant, and I got stuck with it.

I am trying to find out if anybody else who has their trailers has the same problem, so we can gang up on them... :-D

Bill

No problems with the trailer I purchased from Extreme BBQ trailers here. PM me if you would like any more details about my purchase. We are extremely pleased, just got back in from a 6 hour drive back from a contest. It rained and the wind blew forty to fifty miles per out at the contest. We were dry and warm inside all weekend. I can't say what sealant was used on your trailer, but mine appears to have the same sealant that an RV has on the outside. I will be at the Lula, Ms contest this weekend. If your in the area come by and check out the trailer. We couldn't be happier with our Extreme BBQ trailer and also the level of service that James provided during the purchase. We were really impressed that he drove down to meet us at the first contest this year, I value him as a true friend and a person that I would do buisness with again and recommend. I really value doing buisness with a handshake and a smile.

Thanks for the reply.

ALL of the clear silicone sealant on the top, sides, doors have mildew/mold on, in and under it. The silver has it all over it, but I can not tell if it is in it or under it without cutting it out and off the trailer. The white sealant is fine. If you get a few minutes, take a look at the link that I posted above, and you can see what it is like. It is NASTY.... I bought the trailer new in June of 2008, and found it in February of 09. I had washed it in October, and when I went to clean it again in Feb. I found it like that.... so, it either was dormant, and just blossomed, or it just took that long to show up, I don't know.

Again, the trailer is quality, and tows like a dream, so I know what you are saying.... I just have the issue with the sealant.
How old is yours? It took mine 8 months after I bought it before the problem showed up.... Again, I would love to find someone else that has one of their trailers that has the same problem. I am sure there is some out there, but as an enclosed trailer like mine, most are used to haul bikes, or construction, etc., and most don't really pay that much attention to them.

Thanks again for your info.

Bill

Back