Vegan BBQ

I have resisted the urge to make fun of vegans in this thread. I do not want to nourish that ugly side of myself with hate and ridicule. Life is not a zero sum game and denigrating others does not elevate me.

If veganism brings joy and peace to someone, I am happy for them.

Thanks for all the feedback and even for the humor. I'm armed with some ideas and I'll be sure to post.

The interesting thing about the family is that they are always sick. The Dr told them they needed more proteins and not just from soy and plants. I don't think I would survive that life style. I do Paleo and love it.

Thanks for all the feedback and even for the humor. I'm armed with some ideas and I'll be sure to post.

The interesting thing about the family is that they are always sick. The Dr told them they needed more proteins and not just from soy and plants. I don't think I would survive that life style. I do Paleo and love it.

Not to derail but funny you should say that! I was gonna add to my last post about how sickly my vegan friends are as well. I remember when they weren't full on vegans just vegetarians and they looked somewhat healthy, now they look a bit like corpses and are sick more often than the average person. Go figure.

Meatless Mondays + a few other meals

The wife and I love ribs, beef, chicken etc etc. we also like to compete against each other on the grill and in the kitchen. Last night we got a package of grilled/roasted smoked Hatch Green Chiles from the freezer and basically chicken fried them (had to go buy oil). Then removed those,drained an then sautéed onions, yellow and red bell and Baby Bella's. Layered the chiles and topped with queso and guacamole. In no way shape or form do I call this healthy vegetarian nor vegan. It's just fun to cook like this 6-7 days per week.

Last edited:
Not to derail but funny you should say that! I was gonna add to my last post about how sickly my vegan friends are as well. I remember when they weren't full on vegans just vegetarians and they looked somewhat healthy, now they look a bit like corpses and are sick more often than the average person. Go figure.

My other close friend tried Vegan for a year and after collapsing at work and being rushed to the doctor ... he found out he wasn't getting enough nutrients and was missing certain proteins/acids. He went to a vegetarian type diet with lean meat 4 times a week and added a higher value vitamin. He looks much better, and as he puts it, doesn't look yellow in color anymore.

Again though - each person is open to their own choice for diet, as for me I EAT MEAT!

Back