And Now, The Rest of The Story; Garbage Spare Ribs

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Thought I would post a follow up on the terrible racks of Spares I picked up. Link below to original thread.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89009

I talked to the meat manager and they took care of the issue by refunding my money and letting me keep the Ribs. So I thought I would try some Pork Rib Chili. This was 2 of the racks pulled clean and what was really left of the Bone and Cartilage.

The Racks twisted and all

054.jpg

No prepping just rubbed with my favorite

060.jpg

Cooked at 350º for 3 hours

068.jpg

Into the pan, and added the fixings

079.jpg

008-2.jpg

012.jpg

These two plates show every bone from the 2 racks, Where are the ribs????

019.jpg

And closer

021.jpg

032-1.jpg

I don't know what all of you are finding but every grocery store I have went to in the last month are not selling full slabs just these odd looking ones.

Mutant pigs.

Welp, at least you saved it! Rib-like "things" and beans looks pretty tasty. :thumb:

At least they took care of you. What did the manager say? I would imagine he was not very happy with his vendor.

At least they took care of you. What did the manager say? I would imagine he was not very happy with his vendor.

He was cool about it, he has had other complaints regarding the quality of the Pork. Not much a local manager can do. I am thinking about sending this to their corporate office just to see what kind of response I get.

Back