NEBS Board of Directors Nominations

Transformer BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
The elections for the 2009 BOD for the New England BBQ Society are just getting underway. We are still in the infant stages for this years elections, but its not to early to express interest.
If you, or anyone you know... or even anyone you think would be a good fit... are interested in running for a seat on the NEBS BOD, a two year term, please contact someone on the nominating committee. Brethren on that committee include: Mike (Lakeside Smokers), Steve (YankeeBBQ), as well as myself.

If you have any questions on what the Board does, or responsibilities of a BOD member, feel free to contact anyone on the Board-- (Brethren in addition to the above Michelle (Lunchlady), Sully (Nitrofly), Gary Taft (Michelle is Gary on here?)... And sorry if I missed any other BOd memebers, I forget who's on what site...

-Brendan

Bump.
It's been a busy week, I just wanted to make sure no one missed it.

I like most of these people, I don't think most like me though. And that's ok, they just need some time. :biggrin:

Do they have to live in new england? If not, I nominate sledneck as nebs representative of the long island nebs membership.

He's a grand championship winner, loves to debate issues big and small, and he can see new england from his house.

Do they have to live in new england?

As I understand our by laws, no. Also, in our by laws we include New York as part of New England. Obviously, you need to be a nebs member.

I for one would love to see a New Yorker be part of the NEBS BOD.

Mike

I second that. NY representation would be a big benefit to NEBS....

Bump

Really would love a NY voice on the board, NY is in the Bylaws as a New England BBQ Society State...

Technically I believe the only requirement is to be a NEBS member, where you live is not important...

Bump

Really would love a NY voice on the board, NY is in the Bylaws as a New England BBQ Society State...

Technically I believe the only requirement is to be a NEBS member, where you live is not important...

So what else do I need to do to nominate Sled? Does he need to confirm the nomination or drink a shot or something? If he's not available, I nominate Julie to represent us.

That's all that's needed at the moment... a short questionaire-esque response shortly... "we'll be in touch"

thanks guys...

I accept!!!

So there you have it. Do we need to submit a urine sample? If not, please be sure not to open your mail tomorrow, Steve F and Brendan...

Seriously, I think Sled is one of the hardest working BBQ representatives in our area and can be an amazing asset as we NEBS members look to grow bigger and stronger.

Brendan forgot to tell you that you must be a Red Sox fan...

Bump

Brendan forgot to tell you that you must be a Red Sox fan...

do you want a voice from New York or Long Island (aka stinkin ass Met/Jet fan)?

big difference, ya know
:twisted::biggrin::biggrin:

as you can tell ... we'll take just about anyone... heheh

I'd like to see NY representation as well... upstate, LI, wherever... we've ALWAYS considered NY to be part of NEBS, ever since way back when Robbie Richter was our NY state rep.

BBQ is inclusive, not exclusive... at least that's the way I learned it.

So get yer bio's in !!! (and I'm not even on THAT committee :wink:)

one last zing... I just can't resist... GO SOX!!!!

Attachments

• DSC01614.jpg
    DSC01614.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC04215.jpg
    DSC04215.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC02317.jpg
    DSC02317.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC02500.jpg
    DSC02500.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 76
I did not know that sports team picks were a criteria but here gos. I do not care much for baseball. I do not like the sox but do love the city of Boston. As far as football I am a Jets tailgater but only have been inside to watch a game once in the last 10 years or so. My sports are BBQ and hockey. Huge NY Islanders fan.:tongue:

Go Sox, Go Pats, Go Celts, and yes, I'm the one who still says...Go Bruins!!:twisted:

'Nuff said?

Back