Grilled fish, seafood, and fresh pineapple

OSD

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Grilled fish, seafood, and fresh pineapple on the MiniUDS and SJP

I picked up some Tilapia fillets, shrimp, and lump crab at the store. I picked one of our pineapples from the backyard.:-D
100_1261Small.jpg

100_1269Small.jpg

Sliced and going onto a marinade of white rum, light brown sugar, and a touch of ginger

100_1285Small.jpg

Fillets, shrimp, and crab cakes seasoned and ready for the grill

100_1291Small.jpg

Mean while the MiniUDS and the SJP are heating up. Gonna run the mini at 325* with apple wood

100_1288Small.jpg

Fillets and crab cakes on the mini, basting with lime juice and butter

100_1295Small.jpg

Crab cakes got a little smoke, now they will finish on the grill with the pineapple and shrimp

100_1308Small.jpg

Served it up with some Spanish rice.

I find myself using the Mini a lot lately. It does great and is just the right size for small cooks for 2 or 3 people.:-D

Last edited:
Okay, now that is amazing. Lots of seafood making the rounds.

I tried to tell my wife the other day I needed a SJP from craigs list, and she gave me a real funny look.

Now I can show her what for...That plate looks great!

That looks really good. I would have thought that the crab cakes would have fallen through the grates

Wow, that is a complete seafood meal. Great job!

Pineapple from your own garden ?

We´ve got 13 degrees C over and heavy rain over here and you pick pineapples from your own garden. :-?

Sometimes i hate the internet... :evil:

Food looks excellent. Nice job !

DM

DM, I wish I could take credit for growing the pineapples but I don't have the green thumb or the patience to grow them. It's one of my wife's hobbies. She has 20 some plants at different stages of growth.:-D It takes 2 years for a plant to mature and start bearing fruit.:roll: I do enjoy eating them though.:biggrin:

Ooh yes!!!!!!!!!!
That's it I'm going back out to try and finish my lil drum.

Where did the pictures go? I was looking for some fish ideas.

Pictures are gone here too. This is a fairly old thread, looks like the pictures have been deleted from Photobucket by now.

Back