• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pulled the trigger and bought a food shack

Spent another 8 hrs got a ton done and alot of stuff put back in, still didn't get it all done but pretty close to it all done.

The FRP back board is installed, then flat top, the vents and shelves.
20130427163133903.jpg

20130427163151361.jpg

Utility sink installed but still need to do some work on filling in the space behind it. I'll use some Left over FRP over plywood.

20130427163159248.jpg

Here is another shot of the inside and my son working on the outside :grin:

20130427163124379.jpg

It's looking great!! You've really done a nice job!!

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
You've done a load of work, but, it looks great. Nice and clean, organized.

• Thanks
You've done a load of work, but, it looks great. Nice and clean, organized.

Thanks! Feeling really good about it now.. when I first got it I knew it had potential now I'm starting to see the vision in my head come to life :biggrin1: Still need to paint the outside but needs to warm up more

AWESOME thread!

pwa, you are the man for having the cojones to go through and actually pull the trigger on opening this thing up.

I want to as well, but am nervous on the business side of things.

If you feel like sharing, I would be extremely interested in the business planning side of things. The prices you are plan on getting for things like meat, bread, sides....your monthly overhead for the shack, etc. Anything you feel like sharing, I would love to hear about. One day I hope to be in your shoes!

• Thanks
Definitely making a lot of headway into this. I told you using free child labor would help you get things done!

• Thanks
AWESOME thread!

pwa, you are the man for having the cojones to go through and actually pull the trigger on opening this thing up.

I want to as well, but am nervous on the business side of things.

If you feel like sharing, I would be extremely interested in the business planning side of things. The prices you are plan on getting for things like meat, bread, sides....your monthly overhead for the shack, etc. Anything you feel like sharing, I would love to hear about. One day I hope to be in your shoes!

Thanks and PM sent :)

Definitely making a lot of headway into this. I told you using free child labor would help you get things done!

Heck yea I couldn't do it with out my son!! very proud to have him helping me!!

Looks great!
Are you considering selling franchises yet? :mrgreen:

Hopefull with in a year or 2 I'll have another or maybe a real resturant.. if I'm crazy enough :)

THANKS!! to all the Brethern!!! I wouldn't know where to start with out the help of YOU. Let alone know how to cook ;) So thank!!

pwa

Wow what a transformation. All your hard work is really paying off.
exhausted.gif

• Thanks
Living the dream. You are definitely an inspiration to those of us who would like to do something like this in the future. GOD bless and good luck.

• Thanks
Yeah looks good! Its starting to turn out really nice. Keep at it - Living the dream!

• Thanks
Thanks! Feeling really good about it now.. when I first got it I knew it had potential now I'm starting to see the vision in my head come to life :biggrin1: Still need to paint the outside but needs to warm up more

You can't paint at -20? :mrgreen::mrgreen: It looks great!

Last edited:
Another Sat another update. Got the drying racks installed, cleaned the warming table, the ring burner, Propane installed, and banner hung up. Once the tools were load up and the counters clean broke out the groceries start making some Smashburgers on the flat top. Got to say I love the flat top... I need one of those at my house!!

A DOT #420 lb tank should last me 6mths before needing a refill

20130503161339456.jpg

Banner is hung up. Still need to paint but its to damn cold still :mmph: Going to hang my Brethren banner on the insides unless I'm at a comp.... kinda on the same note, looking for licenses plates to put on the out side kinda a BBQ is everywhere thing(PM me if you got a spare for me :grin: )

20130504152944565.jpg

Missed taking pic of the cook and the food but here is the cleanup on the flat top.

20130504152750798.jpg

Pwa

Wow, the prices on your website look great, somehow I thought they would be higher. :wacko:

• Thanks
Wow, the prices on your website look great, somehow I thought they would be higher. :wacko:

LoL yep cheapest place in town hahaha... note the line at the bottom. Got 2 more thing to price out and hope to have prices all set tomorrow... but so far all box meals are under 10

Back