Que in Sarasota and Bradenton

Bartkowiakj

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Looks like we may be spending a couple months in the listed area this winter Does anyone know of any good places in this area or close by for some good que and ribs. I can’t take my smoke with me and the lease won’t let us bbq so I need some help
Thanks guys

Best in the area is Darryls in Venice(next town south). Most of the little guys have left. Best chain BBQ is Mission bbq on 41 near Cortez in Bradenton.

I remember having a decent meal at Nancy's downtown, but it's been years since I've been. Not que, but one of our favorite places around there is surf shack coastal kitchen on St Armand's circle. Cool place, and the buffalo chicken eggrolls are out of this world.

Nancy’s downtown very good with great bbq atmosphere. Get there early to beat all the execs at lunchtime. The Oaks long established on South Trail small hole in the wall but real. My favorite is Darrell’s. Good smoked pp, brisket pig wings. Get The Hungry Heiffer. Mac n cheese, collards, fried green tomatoes the list has it all. Save room for dessert with berry cobbler, nanner puddin or “jar of dirt” all in mason jars with long spoons. It’s classic southern comfort food."

Last edited:
Lived in Sarasota from 2006 to 2009 and I can't remember a decent BBQ spot, plenty of great seafood and a good Irish Pub called Shakesspeare's in Sarasota, great beer selection, beers from all over the world and good burgers too. Can't ever remember eating in Bradenton but used to go surf on Anna Maria Island quite a bit.

If you can go fishing for Snook best fish you will ever eat.

We leave Michigan behind and winter just north of Bradenton. There are tons of garage sales every weekend. You can easily find a kettle style cooker at throwaway prices. There is a place on 301 called Detwiler’s Farm Market. They’ve got an outstanding butcher shop & tons of seafood at crazy good prices. Publix grocery stores have a deli counter. Their spicy chicken wings are always fresh out of the fryer & the best wings around. If you’re adventurous, there are good number of “street corner” guys with smokers going that sell their stuff. Enjoy the warmth!

Back