• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My Finished Vertical Build (Pics)

Pa_BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I made some mistakes and had never welded before this project so was a learning experience, but my first ever build is cooking ribs finally.

I love the diffuser plate, can be removed to make adding lump and wood chips easy, and for grilling chicken.

Bjorkquist-0004.jpg

Bjorkquist-0005.jpg

Bjorkquist-0009.jpg

Bjorkquist-0117.jpg

Bjorkquist-0121.jpg

Bjorkquist-0125.jpg

Looks like it works. I am not familiar with verticals like this, what are the spigots for?

Back ones are grease drains, I think the other is an air intake.

exactly right.

I will build a second one this winter and correct the mistakes I made.

Thanks everyone for the comments and not laughing too hard at my welding, and lack of squareness. I figure it will look just right after a beer or 10 :)

Nice looking rig. you know, sometimes things that are not "all perfect" are the ones that work the best. Nice job. Take pride in that baby.

Might weld some short pieces of angle above shelfs so you can pull them almost all the way out without tipping.

Might weld some short pieces of angle above shelfs so you can pull them almost all the way out without tipping.

I built this into the shelves, a piece of angle iron that goes under the angle welded to the sides. This is on both sides of the grate so I can slide it all the way to the end and it will stay there. Worked good. i did make one quick rack this morning that did not have that and it was a pain. I will fix that rack also.

exactly right.

I will build a second one this winter and correct the mistakes I made.

Thanks everyone for the comments and not laughing too hard at my welding, and lack of squareness. I figure it will look just right after a beer or 10 :)
Thanks I was putting the slant down to the bourbon. :wink:

Cooking on something that was built from your hands is so much rewarding than if you bought it!

Thanks I was putting the slant down to the bourbon. :wink:

This part was funny, my wife kept on telling me it was crooked, I would argue and just say its because I am still working on it and I have not leveled it.

Well today we leveled it for the test cook, still looked cooked as He 11. She laughed and laughed. Oh well I kind of had a hint when I started working on those doors. :icon_blush:

This part was funny, my wife kept on telling me it was crooked, I would argue and just say its because I am still working on it and I have not leveled it.

Well today we leveled it for the test cook, still looked cooked as He 11. She laughed and laughed. Oh well I kind of had a hint when I started working on those doors. :icon_blush:

Get a carpenters square for your next build. Your welding far exceeds my capabilities congrats! :clap2:

Nice job but a word of warning those type of smoker can really overheat. Believe me been there.

Back