Pepper Stout Beef

Here's one of my signature beef dishes that seems to get better every time it's made!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coU0RJEexYc

Hey Wolfe, I actually made your recipe (minus the Jalapeno's) over the weekend and enjoying the leftovers all week.

I made a couple of mistakes however it is an awesome recipe and looking forward to perfect and tweak in the future.

Hey Larry,
Its been awhile, hope everything is going well. That Pepper Stout Beef is a hit every
time. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for this recipe! I've made it twice ,and I'm going to make it for Labor Day cookout. The family said it was too spicy the first time ,so the second time I had to leave out the jalapeno. It was still awesome though!

You inspired me mr. wolfe- thank you! I added 4 jalapenos and holy mother it was HOT and I love hot, but WOW!! Used a local scotch ale instead, and I'm still killin' the leftovers going on two weeks now -- Thanks again man!

Attachments

• Pepper Claymore Beef2.jpg
    Pepper Claymore Beef2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 316
  • Pepper Claymore Beef3.jpg
    Pepper Claymore Beef3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 317
  • Great Divide Claymore Scotch Ale.jpg
    Great Divide Claymore Scotch Ale.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 313
LOVE this stuff. I think it's probably the only way I'll ever do pulled beef. :thumb:

I love it to!!!! But my kids will only eat it with just a pulled chuckie? Just the wife and I will eat all of it...have to have some friends over soon so I can make it again!

You inspired me mr. wolfe- thank you! I added 4 jalapenos and holy mother it was HOT and I love hot, but WOW!! Used a local scotch ale instead, and I'm still killin' the leftovers going on two weeks now -- Thanks again man!

LOL! Sorry about the burn!! It can be spicy depending on the jalapenos we can get! Your's looks FANTASTIC!!!!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Larry

Hot lookin' sandwich ( in every way ).
thanks for the video and recipe.
do you put it back on the fire for awhile after pulling and mixing it up ?

I asked this on a couple of other PSB threads, but I'll ask here too... How much of the beer flavor remains after cooking? I'd be fine with it, but my family wouldn't touch it if it has a beer smell or taste to it.

By the way the food in this thread looks incredible!

I asked this on a couple of other PSB threads, but I'll ask here too... How much of the beer flavor remains after cooking? I'd be fine with it, but my family wouldn't touch it if it has a beer smell or taste to it.

By the way the food in this thread looks incredible!

well, when I made it I didn't reduce it down enough so it had (and still has, leftovers are great) a pretty strong beer taste / smell to it.

I used Murphy's Irish Stout as opposed to Guiness, not sure if that makes a difference

Mine had the non-beer flavor of the Guiness left. I let it reduce at the end quite a bit.

For those concerned about the heat, gut your jalapeños.

Back