MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
seattlepitboss
is one Smokin' Farker

Default the REALLY FAST way to clean smoker grills

Yesterday I bought a cheap broken electric pressure washer and fixed it. Today I used it to clean the grills & water bowl from my Bandera, in about five minutes. Water still beads up on them, and they are still seasoned and black, but they have almost no food particles hanging on them at all.

Very fast, very easy. Takes a lot of the drudgery out, making the whole experience of smoking on a meat smoker more fun.

I know that most of you probably know about this already and do it all the time. But some of you might not have known. It *really* works.

seattlepitboss
seattlepitboss is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2009, 09:40 PM   #2
eagle697
is one Smokin' Farker

I have thought about doing this before, and have done it on the cooking grates. Would you do this on the smoker itself. I would wonder about rust, especially on the firebox. Would you just oil it really well? Would it take the seasoning of the inside of the smoke box? I may try it on one and see what happens.

2 NB Banderas, Imperial Kamado #5, Imperial Kamado #0, Large Grill Dome, Large Primo Kamado, 22.5 Weber Silver, 18.5 Weber Silver
eagle697 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2009, 05:36 AM   #3
bbq ron
is one Smokin' Farker

i power wash my lang all the time, inside and out. just oil it back up and good to go. very easy.
gosm
bbq ron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2009, 06:51 AM   #4
warren
Full Fledged Farker

i have done that before
warren is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2009, 07:19 AM   #5
TN_BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I have a pressure washer but find myself using a stiff bristle brush, paint scraper, and a water hose most of the time.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:06 AM   #6
jgh1204
Babbling Farker

I just wait for the occasional pit fire myself. Gets the adrenaline going and cleans everything up nicely.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:26 AM   #7
Ashmont
Babbling Farker

Try to pressure wash the bottom end of a WSM. It comes back at you real quick. I leave the lid off after a long cook and it looks like the jet engines of a F18 taking off for about 30 min...... Then hut her down and cool

Proud member of Brethren Weber's for life

(Rescued 7 kettles in 2007, 1 in 2008, 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2010 Three of which I have and 8 that have gone to Brethren. PM me to get on the waiting list)

Weber Kettle Dabomb
Weber Kettle Justintime
Weber Kettle (Yet to be named by Daughter) Evil Twin Suggested!
Weber Kettle Grace
WSM "Winni"
WSM "Dumas"
One Smokey Joe
UDS "Peggy Sue"
http://ashsmoderndayclubhouse.blogspot.com/
Ashmont is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2009, 09:30 AM   #8
seattlepitboss
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle697 View Post
I have thought about doing this before, and have done it on the cooking grates. Would you do this on the smoker itself. I would wonder about rust, especially on the firebox. Would you just oil it really well? Would it take the seasoning of the inside of the smoke box? I may try it on one and see what happens.
This would be one reason to build in a damper between the firebox and smoke chamber. I generally line my firebox bottoms with firebrick, and you don't want to get that wet. Otherwise, I don't see any problem power washing the inside of the smoke chamber, as long as you get the water out of the bottom.

I have never felt the inside of the smokebox needed to be cleaned to the same standards as the cooking racks. I like the cooking racks to be cleaned CLEAN.

seattlepitboss
seattlepitboss is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #9
Kevin
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgh1204 View Post
I just wait for the occasional pit fire myself. Gets the adrenaline going and cleans everything up nicely.
Testify!