Rotisserie mod complete...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Just finished mounting the rotisserie to my Big Green Drum...all that left is the pron...coming soon! :p

IMG_4152.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4154.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

How about a sealed roller bearing on the other end? Make the handel removable and add something like this so it rides smoothly...

PIX0080.jpg

Nice set-up. Here is a gadget that you may want to check into. It's a counter balance to compensate for the load variance. It is really useful when doing a turkey or when two butts are on the spit. They take all of the strain out of the motor.

DSC01213.jpg

You slip the eye onto the shaft opposite the motor and tighten using the "L" on the arm. Then, you loosen the wing nut on the solid stock and position it on the arm to equalize the load. The farther out the more weight is applied.

You can adjust it perfectly in 3 or 4 revolutions of the spit.

How about a sealed roller bearing on the other end? Make the handel removable and add something like this so it rides smoothly...

PIX0080.jpg

Hmmm...interesting...got any pics of it in use?

Nice set-up. Here is a gadget that you may want to check into. It's a counter balance to compensate for the load variance. It is really useful when doing a turkey or when two butts are on the spit. They take all of the strain out of the motor.

DSC01213.jpg

You slip the eye onto the shaft opposite the motor and tighten using the "L" on the arm. Then, you loosen the wing nut on the solid stock and position it on the arm to equalize the load. The farther out the more weight is applied.

You can adjust it perfectly in 3 or 4 revolutions of the spit.

Cool gadget Wayne...one of yours?

Cool gadget Wayne...one of yours?

No, I used to have a homemade one on my campfire rotisserie and bought this one the minute I saw it. I got it from a company that sold accessories when I ordered some extra forks. EDIT Make sure you check the size of your spit, they come in both 3/8" and 1/2".

I've had it quite some time but THIS dealer has one that looks just like it. I also have a couple of the round baskets. You can load them with things like chicken wings or veggies and let them roll...:mrgreen: You can also lash ribs to them and it works great.

Rotisseries are cool and the only issue I have is you get a done spot on something like a prime rib from the heat transfer from the spit. But I love the self basting and even cooking when using them.

Very Nice !.........Await food pron
Got Pic of mount on right side?

Thanks Ron...no pics of the mount on hand...been raining all day...I'll snap you one or two tomorrow when I load up the bird.:biggrin:

nice mod , can't wait to see some meat on it

that bearing Dr Ky had looks like the perfect add on

I had one of those counter balances before they are a NEEDED item in my book. you can dial in a decent balance and avoid the slow climbs fast drops of unbalanced meat

did I mention it would look better with meat

nice mod , can't wait to see some meat on it

that bearing Dr Ky had looks like the perfect add on

I had one of those counter balances before they are a NEEDED item in my book. you can dial in a decent balance and avoid the slow climbs fast drops of unbalanced meat

did I mention it would look better with meat

:eek: :eek: :mrgreen:

PIX0080.jpg

Don't look very sealed to me. One way would be to make a "Y" seup with 2 bearings . Kinka like this.

But simple piece of material cut into Y shape with 2 bearings from skateboard or rollerblades. Hell you could use wheels, casters, or just aboyt anything.

I think that was a set of needle bearings but I wanted to show a picture of what I was thinking. You could just drill a hole and tack it in or make something like this then plug it with the 'cork" mod when not in use.

f4efxu.jpg

Bronze bushing maybe?
Hey Dr. must be pulling pics. of net, or your bleaching you hands!:biggrin:

Bronze bushing maybe?
Hey Dr. must be pulling pics. of net, or your bleaching you hands!:biggrin:

LMAO I'm using a Michael Jackson mod...

..pulling other peoples pictures.

Back