Info on how to sell your rubs and sauces

Thanks for all the great info. What about the trademark on the name of the product? Is there a easy way to go about that?

What about the trademark on the name of the product? Is there a easy way to go about that?

The Trademark only protects your logo not your recipe. Unless you are a major player, I wouldn't waste my money. Figure out how much sauce you will have to sell to pay for that trademark and see if it is worth it to you.

I was figuring it might be required! If not then that truely is one less expense to think about. Thanks

One last question about this subject. Which sells better do you think, Your sauces or your rubs?

mhumm38 said:
One last question about this subject. Which sells better do you think, Your sauces or your rubs?

I'll add 2cents from a consumer perspective, not from selling sauce and rub.

I like some sauces, and I like some rubs, from different vendors.

But when you have a sauce and a rub that compliment each other, I prefer to use them together.

Case in point, Blues Hog Rub and Sauce. They have created a sauce that has many of the same flavor characteristics as the rub. So one of my favorites is a slab of baby backs, rubbed down with Blues Hog Rub served with Blues Hog sauce (on the side)

My point, or is it my question?

Does your sauce compliment, or contrast your rub?

I'm adding this thread to the Roadmap

spicewine said:
100 gallon mimimum doesn't sound to bad, I was thinking it would be double that or more.

My Bottler has a 15 Case minimum ( 25 Gallon ) Great for First Timers.

How much does this cost just out of curiosity

Thanks

Dave

My Bottler charges about 70 cents per bottle. This does not include the bottle, label, cap, shrink seal, ingredients, shipping or box.

Example: Per 16 oz. Bottle

Ingredients--- ?????
Bottle --- $ .60
Cap & Seal--- $ .08
Bottler --- $ .70
Shipping --- $ .50
Box --- $ .04

Hope this helps

Spice

Fantastic

This thread is worth the membership alone. Does anyone have contact info for any of these bottlers?

www.jazzfoods.com for a book/advice/etc. They were just featured on FoodTV, too.

www.allamericancontainers.com for bottles, jars, etc.

Do a Google search for bottles and/or jars for more sources.

Don't forget to head over to Cattle Call and fully introduce yourself.

Wow, this thread is a blast from the past!

Anyone by chance have the book mentioned above and want to get rid of it? If so please PM me. Its not available anymore.

Thanks

Back