• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

WSm Modifications

There is no debate, if your talking about the stock WSM water pan being a piece of POOPIE. Why create a cooker that can hold 240* for 10 hours or more and team it with a water pan that goes 3-4 hours.

Now Gary might chime in, rightfully so, that this argument goes away with using sand instead of water, but I have not personally tried that yet.

So I got my Brinkman charcoal pan delivered just 3 days ago. Phil just might be getting one too (shhh. He doesn't know).

So this T day, I'll have both a cooker, AND a waterpan that can go for 10 hours unattended.

Bill bought us a couple Brinkman water pans to put in the WSM.

I got my own drop in mod. I had an old plastic garbage pail that a squirrel decided to chew a hole in the bottom of. I cut the entire bottom off the pail(after washing real well) with a sawsall and it fits over the WSM with about a 4 inch airspace around it and it comes up about an inch above the rim of the center section. Works great for a windbreak, and i'm sure will come in handy during the winter.

willkat98 said:
Now Gary might chime in, rightfully so, that this argument goes away with using sand instead of water, but I have not personally tried that yet.

Your right, sand all the way it also solves the running out of water problem. Try the sand you won't be sorry
Gary

Gary

You and I seem to be the only ones on that pedestal. Oh well fark em....Lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

You and I seem to be the only ones on that pedestal. Oh well fark em....Lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

That pedestal might fuller than we know. I only used sand in my Bandera, and now I only use sand in my Backwoods.
StL Mike

Back