Brunswick Stew

J

jsn1511

I have some left over brisket and was wondering if i could make a brunswick stew with it. Anyone know of a good recipe only using chopped brisket?

I just made a batch from the same recipe a few days ago using half brisket and half pulled pork and it came out great. The burnt ends from the brisket really gave it a nice flavor.
Just use my recipe as a starting point and you can add/subtract anything you want from there.

all im going to use is the left over brisket from almost 2 weeks ago. hopefully only using brisket won't ruin your recipe. Ill let you know how it comes out. Thanks again!

At first some people were skeptical of eating the stew because the meat was 3 weeks old. But they eventually came around and decided to try it. It was very good, i was surprised at how good it was considering there wasn't any pork in it. Wonderful recipe.

Cool, glad you liked it! Haven't tried it with 100% brisket yet, but I'll give that a shot sometimes.

jsn1511 said:
At first some people were skeptical of eating the stew because the meat was 3 weeks old. But they eventually came around and decided to try it. It was very good, i was surprised at how good it was considering there wasn't any pork in it. Wonderful recipe.

Hey, your brisket aged a week in 1 day.

Just one question 1511, how the heck do you not eat the brisket in 2 weeks? :)

Its like breakfast lunch and dinner for our family (okay, only I eat it for breakfast) until its gone.

well i didn't quite get it up to 190, it only got up to 170. so it was still kind of fatty on the top half of the brisket and it wasn't as tender as it should have been so it didn't get eaten.

willkat98 said:
jsn1511 said:

Hey, your brisket aged a week in 1 day.

Just one question 1511, how the heck do you not eat the brisket in 2 weeks? :)

Its like breakfast lunch and dinner for our family (okay, only I eat it for breakfast) until its gone.

In my case I grew up eating it and I like to spread it out a bit. Mix in some tex-mex, some italian, some ribs, some more tex-mex, steak....etc....Thus the FoodSaver :D

Back