MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring

Notices

BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring *On Topic Only* From the Backyard to the American Royal... thats our motto. Here is a place for those interested in Competition BBQ, but not yet ready to venture out alone can hook up and help out our veteran teams to see what its like on "The Dark Side". More instructions inside.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Newbie lookin to help out......(Indiana)

I just saw this thread!!!
I'm no where NEAR ready to compete myself (I don't think) but I'd LOVE to see what it's all about.

I just went to the KCBS site and the following comps are in my neck of the woods:

Jasper Straussenfest BBQ Contest
Jasper, IN
7/31-8/1

Madison Ribberfest
BBQ, Blues & Balloons
Madison, IN
8/21-8/22

Bean Blossom Blues, Brews & BBQ
Nashville, IN
8/28-8/29

Anyone planning on cooking at any of these?
I'm a damn hard worker, and would love to help someone out if they're willing to show a newbie what it's all about.

Let me know.
Thanks!

Old 07-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

Come up to Michigan. Lowell is this weekend and Grand Rapids in 2 weeks. If I remember right Mooresville is right near Indy. If so you live very close to one of the best mentors there is - Dave Stamper. You should look him up and see if he's looking for a helper. He'll probably be doing the cotnests you have listed. I think Dave is on here sometimes and he's also on the BBQ Forum sometimes.

But like I said you're welcome to hang out and do chores for me anytime. It's an open invite to people and 2 or 3 is fine. Looks like I may have 2 helpers already for GR.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:54 AM   #3
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
Come up to Michigan. Lowell is this weekend and Grand Rapids in 2 weeks. If I remember right Mooresville is right near Indy. If so you live very close to one of the best mentors there is - Dave Stamper. You should look him up and see if he's looking for a helper. He'll probably be doing the cotnests you have listed. I think Dave is on here sometimes and he's also on the BBQ Forum sometimes.

But like I said you're welcome to hang out and do chores for me anytime. It's an open invite to people and 2 or 3 is fine. Looks like I may have 2 helpers already for GR.
Thanks for the offer! Just saw this, so obviously too late for this weekend. GR is a bit of a drive for me, hopefully something comes together for me closer to home at one of the above events. I just saw that theres some of the Brethren cooking at Jasper on another thread.

I'll try and look up Dave Stamper. Thanks for the tip! Yeah, I work in Indianapolis. Only about 15-20 minutes away. I'll try and search him out on the site.....see if I can.

Thanks a lot for the offer. Don't even know exactly where GR is off the top of my head. I'll look into details and let you know. Weekend of 7/25-7/26?
Old 07-12-2009, 01:13 AM   #4
indianagriller
is one Smokin' Farker

I am a first timer cooking, in the madison ribberfest doing the backyard comp. Hope to see you there.
indianagriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #5
Double D's BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

I just signed up for the Jasper contest. Your welcome to come out and work with us. Let me know.

We're also cooking at Madison. Don't know about Nasville although we cooked at the contest last year.
4. Primo Oval
5. Stumps GF 223
6. FEC 100
7. Backwoods Smoker - Fatboy
8. Traeger Texas Grill (BBQ 075)
Double D's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:26 PM   #6
Skinny Cook
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D's BBQ View Post
I just signed up for the Jasper contest. Your welcome to come out and work with us. Let me know.

We're also cooking at Madison. Don't know about Nasville although we cooked at the contest last year.
Double D can I send Pork Chop up there to learn something ?? He's high maint but loyal as a puppy.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:53 AM   #7
Double D's BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Sure send him over. Just make sure he brings some of that good KY pizza you guys are all talking about on the forum. Sure would like to try some!
4. Primo Oval
5. Stumps GF 223
6. FEC 100
Old 07-16-2009, 04:00 PM   #8
Skinny Cook

Quote:
Sure send him over. Just make sure he brings some of that good KY pizza you guys are all talking about on the forum. Sure would like to try some!
I'll have some for ya come time for the Hoosier Daddy event. What kind you like ? Keep in mind that Tony Impellizzeri's large with everything weights 12lbs. His large Sicilian weights 16lbs.

See ya in October.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #9
Double D's BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Woa, that's some serious pizza. I like it simple, pepporoni and italian sausage. How much weight is that going to add? And one last question. How do you stay so skinny eating like that? I'd like to know the secret.

See you in October!

Dallas aka Big D
4. Primo Oval
5. Stumps GF 223
6. FEC 100
Old 07-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #10
Skinny Cook

Quote:
Woa, that's some serious pizza. I like it simple, pepporoni and italian sausage. How much weight is that going to add? And one last question. How do you stay so skinny eating like that? I'd like to know the secret.

See you in October!

Dallas aka Big D
A large Pepperoni & Sausage will be about a 6lb'r. BTW Tony makes all his own sausage. It's gooood too !!

Skinny ?? Keepin Pork Chop on task and out of trouble wears it off of me.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:05 AM   #11
Dyce51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Cook View Post
I'll have some for ya come time for the Hoosier Daddy event. What kind you like ? Keep in mind that Tony Impellizzeri's large with everything weights 12lbs. His large Sicilian weights 16lbs.

See ya in October.
good lord thats not a Pizza!!! Thats a Brick!!!! LOL 16 pounds?? WOW!!!!
Dyce51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #12
Dale P
is One Chatty Farker

I have had the Super Sicilian and could only eat 2 pieces. Best pizza I ever had. It has been too long ago and I can sense a visit to Impellizeri's coming very soon.

Perry Brothers & Sons Bar-B-Q
Dale P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #13
Skinny Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale P View Post
I have had the Super Sicilian and could only eat 2 pieces. Best pizza I ever had. It has been too long ago and I can sense a visit to Impellizeri's coming very soon.
Dale let me know when. I'll meet you out there. We will let Pork Chop keep that nasty ole Wicks for himself.