• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

If you were to hire a team

Merl

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
If you were going to hire a team to cook for you under your team name, who would you hire?

(This might be interesting)

I think I would hire, Bart and Donnie.

who would you hire to be your team?

No one. If someone is cooking under my team name, it's not my team!

I don't believe in bait and switches!

i would hire the smokin scottsman because he is the one that had my lang 60 and would know exactly what to do with it to win comps :p

4 Legs UP (for chicken)
Pellet Envy (for pork)
Butchers BBQ (for brisket)

and I would do my own Ribs

But that wouldn't not be my own team (I prefer to cook all my own stuff always have) but it would be a cool dream team.

I'd hope I wouldn't have to HIRE anyone. I'm confident that if an opportunity were bestowed upon me, my FRIENDS would help me out.How long do people plan to beat THIS dead horse?

I'd hope I wouldn't have to HIRE anyone. I'm confident that if an opportunity were bestowed upon me, my FRIENDS would help me out.How long do people plan to beat THIS dead horse?

Seems like if you are going to try and promote a contest with championship teams there, they should really have to be there? Am I wrong? Would you go to a race to see Dale Jr's race and get there and he wasnt there, just his car. I dont think so. Was the public tricked into thinking they were seeing someone they werent?

Just some thoughts but with that said they have the right to make there own rules!!!!

... hire a team to cook for you under your team name...?

:shock::eek::shock::eek:

I am POSITIVE I don't understand this question.

If you have a team, hence your team name, why are you hiring anyone?

Just for fun
Chicken- Smoky Mountain Smokers
Ribs- Moonswiners
Pork- Monty Pigthon
Brisket- Shigs in Pit

Seems like if you are going to try and promote a contest with championship teams there, they should really have to be there? Am I wrong? Would you go to a race to see Dale Jr's race and get there and he wasnt there, just his car. I dont think so. Was the public tricked into thinking they were seeing someone they werent?

Just some thoughts but with that said they have the right to make there own rules!!!!

Doesn't Kevin Harvick drive Dale Earnhardt's Car ? I thought Nascar was all about teams with multiple drivers why not teams with multiple head cooks. Hopefully I can Get on DEI or Richard Childress's BBQ teams.

If I can't do a comp, my team name doesn't do a comp....

Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

If you were going to hire a team to cook for you under your team name, who would you hire?

(This might be interesting)

I think I would hire, Bart and Donnie.

who would you hire to be your team?

I get the gist of your question. We have KCBS team of the year as one method of determining the best cooks... I think what Merl is asking is who do YOU think are the best cooks?

Chicken: Dirty Dick
Ribs: Andy King
Pork: Steve Farrin
Brisket: I'd cook it cause its my best category and I wouldnt want to miss any of the fun

I get the gist of your question. We have KCBS team of the year as one method of determining the best cooks... I think what Merl is asking is who do YOU think are the best cooks?

Chicken: Dirty Dick
Ribs: Andy King
Pork: Steve Farrin
Brisket: I'd cook it cause its my best category and I wouldnt want to miss any of the fun

Chefs Choice ? Ed ? Andy ? John ? etc...
Fish ? Dude from Oceana ?
:rolleyes: iQue has more "hired guns" than any team I know LOL

Doesn't Kevin Harvick drive Dale Earnhardt's Car ? I thought Nascar was all about teams with multiple drivers why not teams with multiple head cooks. Hopefully I can Get on DEI or Richard Childress's BBQ teams.

Multiple teams yes, but you wont see Jeff Gordon driving the #48 as Jimmy Johnson, he will be driving as Jeff Gordon and his name will be on the car...........

I get the gist of your question. We have KCBS team of the year as one method of determining the best cooks... I think what Merl is asking is who do YOU think are the best cooks?quote]

If this is the question then hands down Blazin BBQ can cook under my team name anytime

Their team name wasn't mentioned at ALL. I don't really think that the people who came to see the NASCAR race really came to see barbequers. With all that being said and with all the hub-bub surrounding it, I'm glad that folks got the opportunity to showcase barbeque at the racetrack. Some people are kinda being poor sports about it because they weren't chosen. I wasn't chosen, however, I'm glad for all the people who were.

By the way, I don't think anybody was "tricked". People make plans, schedule events....the organizers were a little last minute on this one and accommodated them, what's the biggie?

Didn't Dale Jr. have to take some racing off a few years ago due to some burns? I doubt too many Dale fans sold their tickets just cause Dale only ran a few laps before handing the duties over ... and I doubt too many people came to the race just to see the personalities behind each BBQ team represented.

Wow from hiring a bbq team to NASCAR, chit I cannot believe that the broncos got rid of cutler and giants cut burris.

Back