Show your favorite Memorial Day Photo.

Oldyote

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
My wife thinks I'm crazy, but not just because I take pictures of ceramic cookers.

Hope you all had a great day.

Last edited:
ribs_0183.JPG

Mmmmmmm.... beeeeeerrrrr.....

So weird there really isn't any smoke ring on that brisket? What'd you smoke with? What fuel?

Here are my pork spares from today, this was just after being basted for the last time, they stayed on another 30 to let the glaze set.

5779705012_cc48e2cc21_z.jpg

Man, makes me want to try basting..I usually try to eat barbecue without sauce but that looks good.

brickie

Whoa that's some thick smoke, looks like sulpher. Was there a volcanic eruption below the surface? Heres' my jerk chicken after going to the store and finding out everyone had the same idea to cook ribs and didn't leave me any.

PhotoMay3172814AM.jpg

PhotoMay3172827AM.jpg

Not sure what to say without sounding like a dick... Hopefully that was your "know it all" BIL or FIL's cooker??
If not, brother... less wood + more air = thin blue smoke and waaay better eats! :thumb:

Smoke really isn't supposed to look like "smoke" so much as it looks like a clean burning fire with a bit of smoke mixed in.

Not sure what to say without sounding like a dick... Hopefully that was your "know it all" BIL or FIL's cooker??
If not, brother... less wood + more air = thin blue smoke and waaay better eats! :thumb:

Smoke really isn't supposed to look like "smoke" so much as it looks like a clean burning fire with a bit of smoke mixed in.

:p

It was only for the picture. I needed to start the egg up and had some extra time on my hands and decided to throw a few cups of maple in the egg. It burned away in about 10 minutes but allowed me the opportunitiy to get the picture I wanted.

:p

It was only for the picture. I needed to start the egg up and had some extra time on my hands and decided to throw a few cups of maple in the egg. It burned away in about 10 minutes but allowed me the opportunitiy to get the picture I wanted.

Oh thank God! I was seriously hoping that noone actually had to eat anything that came out of that smoke... :puke:

Ya' got me! :icon_blush:

that all looks great....except that cloud of smoke around that egg??? I was glad to see it was staged!:shocked:

I was gonna share my memorial day weekend foodie pics, but I didn't have any... Went camping and remembered the kettle but fergot the stinkin' yardbirds in the 2nd fridge! (hamburger & hotdog weekend mod) So I cooked em' up tonight!

2011-05-31181150.jpg

2011-05-31181223.jpg

There might be sliced pics to come, but I can't promise anything...

My favorite pic from Memorial Day isn't Q related and unfortunately was taken with a crappy cell phone. The cemetary was handing out flags for veterans and the view of the Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge is really nice from here.

PIC-0433.jpg

Since this is in Q-Talk, here's some ribs done later on Memorial Day:

IMG_8132.jpg

Back