MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Haastyle
Full Fledged Farker

Default How many from the UK are here?

I'm just curious. I think it is awesome. From where I sit it seems proper BBQ is becoming a bit of a phenomenon over there. Maybe I am off, but I sure am enjoying watching all their posts and first time go's. Impressed as to how well its going for them.
Haastyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Clearly, not enough. Yet.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2013, 03:31 AM   #3
mr_magicfingers
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I'm a new member here, just completed my first 'proper' bbq where I smoked a whole pork shoulder on my weber kettle (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=166288). Took 14 hours, turned out astonishingly well. Hooked now and building a uds.
mr_magicfingers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2013, 04:38 AM   #4
YetiDave
is one Smokin' Farker

It's definitely the most trendy way of cooking at the moment and we've got BBQ joints popping up all over the place (none of them as good as they could be). I jumped on the bandwagon last October and have had nothing but success since. I also started curing and cold smoking meats (guanciale, bacon, pancetta, fish) and making sausages.

I need to get a trip to the USA sorted so I can see exactly what you guys are up to
YetiDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2013, 04:53 AM   #5
Eggtastico
Full Fledged Farker

Meeeeee - just about finished my smoker - going to give it a test tomorrow
Eggtastico is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #6
Hawg Father of Seoul
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiDave View Post
It's definitely the most trendy way of cooking at the moment and we've got BBQ joints popping up all over the place (none of them as good as they could be). I jumped on the bandwagon last October and have had nothing but success since. I also started curing and cold smoking meats (guanciale, bacon, pancetta, fish) and making sausages.

I need to get a trip to the USA sorted so I can see exactly what you guys are up to
If you make the trip.... ask for recommendations here or you WILL be disappointed. An average brethren can out que 70% of BBQ joints.
Hawg Father of Seoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #7
Tyrone1Wils
Knows what a fatty is.

Theres me too, I made a thread yesterday cooking a Fattie and some ribs on my UDS.

I think I'm addicted I'm already thinking of the next thing to cook. I'm thinking a pork shoulder.
Tyrone1Wils is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
Dim
Got Wood.

I live in Cambridge UK .... lots to learn on this site .... BBQ is not just about banger sausages and hamburger patties which is the norm in the UK ...

I previously lived in South Africa (for most of my life) .... I used to BBQ at least 3 times a week (even in winter), but using a weber bbq as a smoker is new to me.

Had my first ribs this week .... was ok, (smoked with pecan wood) but I think an extra hour on the BBQ would have been better

Brisket is my next attempt ....

tonight it is just normal BBQ on direct heat (lamb chops and south african boerwors sausage)
Dim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #9
YetiDave
is one Smokin' Farker

I just picked up 23lbs of meat for tomorrow, my biggest cook yet!

Old 07-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #10
cirk
is Blowin Smoke!

We need a bbq brethren branded tea that will get more Brits here

Old 07-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #11
Eggtastico
Full Fledged Farker

2 cookbooks that help with ideas
1x Hawkesmore (more of a gastro pub)
the other is Pitt Cue Co - which is Barbecue Restraunt in London that started life as a trailer food stall & kinda got busy.
Eggtastico is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #12
YetiDave
is one Smokin' Farker

Tea?! Coffee all the way mate ;)