• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cooking Class Swamp Boys Super Q School with 3 Eyz BBQ

Rub

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
It's been a long time in the planning and here it is. Two winning teams, two presentations, one class. Beginning to end including feedback from Master Judges. Prime rib supper Friday night, breakfast, class t-shirt, cook's goody bag. Set lakefront on the beautiful Winter Haven FL Chain of Lakes, where the average temps for that time of year are 55 for a low and 77 for a high. We will be set up lakefront under a large tent with the ability to move indoors in the unlikely event of bad weather. 11:00am Friday to 3:00pm Saturday.

Swamp Boys and 3 Eyz BBQ Super Q School

Bring the wife and kids and send them to LEGOLAND Florida here in Winter Haven, or stay a while and head to Walt Disney World (45 minutes) and make a vacation out of it. A great Christmas gift for the whole family.

You don't want to miss out on this one!

Things that have helped me before in this department (in dealing with my wife)...."Just think, if I can just get one more 1st place call in a contest it will pay for itself!". Or, "By the time March rolls around, won't you WANT to get rid of me for the weekend?".

Anyone else have any good ones?

Last edited:
Class

Hi Dan,
Is this going to be a tell-all class? Meaning are you going to give out your exact process and ingredients that you competed with in 2012?

- Bill

Hi Dan,
Is this going to be a tell-all class? Meaning are you going to give out your exact process and ingredients that you competed with in 2012?

- Bill

Ditto on this question :becky:.

Would be awesome to see both cooks side by side. Very interested.

- Bill

The answer is yes, but not in a step A, B and C fashion. What works for me may not work for you. I plan to show a variety of techniques that I know work. Multiple recipes that work. Flavor profiles that work. All the ingredients I use will be at the class, the rub I use will be called out, the sauces named.

That said I want each student to think of WHY they would want to do or not do each step of the cook. Cooking is different from baking (IMO), 1 recipe and 1 procedure makes you a 1 dimensional cook. I want to go beyond that in this class.

Dan I just opened up and seen your e-mail about this class. (Sorry about not getting to it sooner and replying back sooner).
YES I would LOVE to attend. I will try and work things out with my job next week and also with my wife.
I will keep you posted this class should indeed be the BOMB GOOD!!!!

The conversation went like this: "Honey, can I have a 3Eyz class for Christmas?" Her: "....... <blank stare> ..... You're kidding right?"

Guess I wont be there. Sniff :cry:

The conversation went like this: "Honey, can I have a 3Eyz class for Christmas?" Her: "....... <blank stare> ..... You're kidding right?"

Guess I wont be there. Sniff :cry:

You can't just take 1 no. Thats like giving up if you don't GC your first contest. Press on my friend. Remind her that its 3 Eyz + Swamp boys, surely that will change her mind.

You can't just take 1 no. Thats like giving up if you don't GC your first contest. Press on my friend. Remind her that its 3 Eyz + Swamp boys, surely that will change her mind.

Provided she knows who you both are. Only thing my wife knows is my 'que is better than anything she can buy, so she is perfectly happy with me just cooking for the fam. Trying to get money for comps, let alone a class in FL, a place to stay, etc. is like pulling teeth.

This was my first year competing. Did ok placing once but obviously need to get a better grip on things. We use 4 uds'. Does that matter or is the class smoker specific?

Thanks

What I teach is not specific to any smoker. I've won GCs with a home made stick burner, Stump's, a Lang, and now a Yoder 640 pellet and stick burner.

Sadly, my wife knows Dan & Chris. I'm screwed. :wink:

But Dan, you're right, that was a breaking-the-ice conversation. I will push on and try again. Wish me luck!

Tell her this......she has only seen our "competition" side, we are waaaayyyyyy different in a teaching environment........:lie::lie::lie: Lol!!

Back