What;s your go to Burger recipe?

DRMSMKER

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ingredients?
Cook Method(gas, charcoal etc)
indirect? direct?
Thick or skinny patties
Cook to Med or all the way through with no pink...
Go!

Almost always make a spread

Cook on the griddle 80% of the time

Grind my own beef

Med rare

Thin patties for now but I switch to thick and so forth (Never mix anything into the patties and just 100% beef with a sprinkle of seasoning after hitting the griddle)

Grilled onions

Cheese a must of course

Toasted brioche buns

Good topic. Seems like thin patties have the advantage better crust:meat ratio, but thick patties are easier to get super-juicy. Getting both a delicious crust and perfect juiciness is usually the challenge for me.

I might suggest that the best recipe is going over to Sako's house. Have it your way ... or his ....

This is our go to burger in most cases, though we usually do them with single patties, not double:

HamburgerHabitDoubleCheese_zps8452ca09.jpg

Also, now that we have a Blackstone griddle, we can caramelize the onions, cook the meat, and toast the buns all on the griddle, which is very convenient.

For more details:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185042

Ground beef, big patty, salt/pepper over direct heat on charcoal grill. Medium rare. American cheese

Last edited:
Grind my own - mixture of chuck, short rib and brisket point.

Medium rare to Medium

Any way you can cook them, Indirect on the Weber or Sous Vide is always nice...

Last edited:
1/3 lb my home ground mix medium rare cooked on my PG1000 or cast iron skillet if bad weather or stage 2 fire alert.

Trimmings depending on my mood

Regardless of the mix, a hamburger press really helps better form the patties and hold them together. Adjustable for any size (thickness) you want.

So many options...so many opinions...none of them are wrong.

If I have a choice...I will season each side with a good amount of salt and that is it. Cook it on a flat surface for form a crust. Flip, cook, cheese, done. Simply seasoned with salt renders an amazing burger.

Grind up 60% chuck and 40% brisket or some short rib, form into half pound patties, cook on a hot grill mediumish doneness. Salt and pepper is usually the only seasoning I use.

No seasonings. Make roughly 2 oz balls and smash as thin as possible on a ripping hot CI pan (i make double cheese burgers since its so little meat) Once you flip, put on American cheese to melt, and put on pre toasted rolls with chipotle aioli. Serve with a pickle on the side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Favorite is chuck, short ribs and sirloin ground and mixed together. Since I know I'm the one who butchered I'll go med rare. Toasted brioche bun, home made thousand island dressing, lettuce, bacon and baby swiss cheese.

My go to for ingredients is yellow kraft singles,mayo,ketchup,lettuce,tomato,onion,pickle.
charcoal
direct
2 thin, wide patties (atleast 5 inch dia) med well (nice char on all sides)

Back