MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:16 AM   #16
chambersuac
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looks great. I'd BobBrisket that! :)

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 10-01-2013, 05:38 AM   #17
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

good.......great.......nope those are well past either one of those descriptions!!!!!

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #18
boaz65
On the road to being a farker

2 plates of that and a few Dos Equis, I would be straight for quite some time!!!!

Old 10-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #19
fingerlickin'

Dang man, that looks out of sight!

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #20
J-Rod
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by charrederhead View Post
Awesome plate! Wish I could smell it.
Smell it?? Screw dat, I'd rather EAT it!!!

Old 10-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #21
deepsouth

looks great JB.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #22
Smokeat
is one Smokin' Farker

Great looking plate! Always trips me out to see tacos in flour tortillas, just not seen here in SoCal.
Smokeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #23
gtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybadger View Post
How do you do the smoked pork stock? You making the stock and then adding smoke to it in your pit? Or the bones are smoked? I've wondered about throwing the stock in there after I'm done making it for some extra smoky flavor, but worried about it not coming out the way I picture. Right now I take the bones from the smoked butts, or I smoke the bones after I cut them out of the butts when I'm grinding sausage, and then I make it all up into stock that way. I've been using my pressure cooker since I got it. Let it run for about an hour, and those bones become jelly mush. So awesome. Might have to throw it on the smoker after I strain that and see what happens.

Injecting butts with pork stock CANNOT be beaten man. I love that stuff so much. I've had a few people act completely shocked when I talk about pork stock. Can't disrespect those bones man! Especially when it tastes so good.

I've just been taking the bones from piggys I've cooked and throwing 'em in a pot of water with onions, celery, peppercorns, carrots, and all that other type stuff and letting it simmer for a long time then remove/strain the solids and reduce. The smoke flavor is from the initial cook of the pig - and I've saved bones from butt cooks and used those as well.

Man - throwing the bones in the smoker before making the stock - I may have to check that out. I'm pretty happy with the level of smoke flavor I'm getting now, but that sounds like some next level chit worth trying.

And I'm telling ya - next time you grind up some sausage, throw a little pork stock in there. Drippings from chuckies or briskets work great as well - nice deep flavor there.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #24
JazzyBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeat View Post
Great looking plate! Always trips me out to see tacos in flour tortillas, just not seen here in SoCal.
Yeah truth be told I'm a corn tortilla guy myself. I'm just not choosy enough when it comes to making the tacos, and my wife, and every single one of my sons prefers flour tortillas. I just cave for the most part on that, they don't bother me, but I grew up with corn tortillas. When it comes to enchiladas if the family insists on flour ones I'll still whip up some corn tortillas and make myself some actual freaking enchiladas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
I've just been taking the bones from piggys I've cooked and throwing 'em in a pot of water with onions, celery, peppercorns, carrots, and all that other type stuff and letting it simmer for a long time then remove/strain the solids and reduce. The smoke flavor is from the initial cook of the pig - and I've saved bones from butt cooks and used those as well.

Man - throwing the bones in the smoker before making the stock - I may have to check that out. I'm pretty happy with the level of smoke flavor I'm getting now, but that sounds like some next level chit worth trying.

And I'm telling ya - next time you grind up some sausage, throw a little pork stock in there. Drippings from chuckies or briskets work great as well - nice deep flavor there.
Yeah when you said that about the sausage I decided I was definitely going to give that a go. I've got two butts in the deep freezer right now that's going to become some chorizo, Italian Sausage, and meatballs. (Mixed 50/50 with some ground beef.) Good idea to do it, especially to get the seasonings spread more evenly, and just to enhance the flavor. Not sure if you're a rice guy or not, but I just take some pork stock (if I'm having pork fried rice or carnitas or pork tacos or whatever) and some lard rendered from pork sitting in my fridge, and add that to the rice cooker. Ohhh man that is so good. I used to hate rice growing up, turned out my family just made bland nasty rice. I typically omit the pork fat for the sweet and sour pork though.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #25
deguerre

Well, damn. ANOTHER cook thread. I just don't know you anymore.

But I'd like to.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #26
Wampus

Hmmmm....."Jazzypron" huh? Impressive!

MORE! WE WANT MORE PRON FROM JAZZY GERBIL LAND!

Old 10-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #27
deguerre

Wait...this is Q-Talk...
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog

Last edited by deguerre; 10-01-2013 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: making it SFW
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #28
Terry The Toad
is one Smokin' Farker

Get in my belly!

"I love animals. I just love to eat them more. Fun to pet; better to chew." - Jim Gaffigan
Terry The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #29
Smokey89
Got rid of the matchlight.

Awesome plate! On the to-dolist
Smokey89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #30
JazzyBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Well, damn. ANOTHER cook thread. I just don't know you anymore.

But I'd like to.
Yeah I went for a hat trick on the food posts. The addiction continues to grow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampus View Post
Hmmmm....."Jazzypron" huh? Impressive!

MORE! WE WANT MORE PRON FROM JAZZY GERBIL LAND!

More will be had I'm sure. Going to take pictures of my son's birthday lasagna request, and I have to make up some gyros for my Pixie wife, so that'll be photographed as well.