MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:36 AM   #916
Guando
Full Fledged Farker

Great news! Hope everything goes smoothly from here on out.
Guando is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2014, 07:38 AM   #917
ITBFQ
is One Chatty Farker

Good news! I've been following this adventure here and on Facebook, and I wish you all the best. When my wife and I get up to Michigan this summer, we will be heading on over for sure!

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hatfield-and-McCoy-Barbecue/765488903565575"]Hatfield and McCoy Barbecue[/URL] - Co-Pitmaster
Illinois This Butt's for 'Que - Pitmaster

KCBS CBJ; 18.5" WSM; [COLOR="Sienna"]U[/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"]D[/COLOR][COLOR="Sienna"]S[/COLOR]; [COLOR="Red"]Thermapen Mk4[/COLOR]; [COLOR="Blue"]DigiQ DX2[/COLOR]; [COLOR="DarkOrange"]IQ120[/COLOR]; [COLOR="Gray"]CharBroil Gasser (wind victim after 11 years)[/COLOR]; Maverick; OTS x2; etc.

[URL="http://bbqbeat.com/hatfield-and-mccoy-bbq-team/"]We're (kinda) famous![/URL]
ITBFQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2014, 08:09 AM   #918
NickTheGreat
is Blowin Smoke!

Good news!

So you can run the smoker and cook the meat without the health inspection? Just not sell any product? I never thought of the delay until you mentioned it.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #919
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

SWEET!!!!! See you tomorrow evening for dinner then

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #920
Bonewagon
Babbling Farker

Congratulations and good luck with the opening!

Big Steel Keg, WSM, OTG, PBC, Kamado Joe Jr., Carson Rodizio, and a Super Fast [I]and[/I] Accurate [COLOR="Blue"]Blue[/COLOR] Splash-Proof Thermapen
Bonewagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2014, 06:52 PM   #921
Billy Roo's BBQ
On the road to being a farker

Congrats. I can't wait until we can get over your way!
Billy Roo's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #922
Zippylip
Full Fledged Farker

I get chest pains every time I open this thread thinking about the road you've traveled, you're a good man with an over abundance of fortitude; it will all pay off - kick ass tomorrow

Old 01-22-2014, 07:36 PM   #923
PigMan
Got rid of the matchlight.

Great news! Very happy to hear.
PigMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #924
EverettBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Smile

I want photos of the opening!!
Good luck
Thermapen- [COLOR="Red"]Red[/COLOR]
BBQ Team - Cool Blue Q
Grill - Weber SUMMIT E-670
KCBS member and CBJ
EverettBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #925
HarrynVegas
Full Fledged Farker

OMG.....I'm new to the site. I spent this entire evening reading this thread. It reads like a novel. Good luck and let's get this sucker OPEN.
HarrynVegas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2014, 10:42 PM   #926
Sallenthornton
On the road to being a farker

I have followed this thread from the beginning. Good luck to the OP and keep us posted on your progress if possible.
Sallenthornton is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2014, 08:07 AM   #927
Countryboyswagger
Knows what a fatty is.

I've been reading this thing since the beginning man and I have to say...Wow. I've been contemplating opening my own place down here and I've been worried about what I might have to deal with or stuff that I didn't account for. This post is such an eye opener and such a wealth of knowledge about the "what might happens."

I hope that right now the updates are going to be few and far between, I've got my fingers crossed that you're slinging meat like a madman today. I thought that since you've obviously been having a pretty rough few months, it might be worth knowing that not only are you making your own dreams happen, but that I think that this thread is helping to shape other people's dreams into something that they can make possible for themselves. I know that it has helped me really understand what I might face when I open up a place and that kind of knowledge is worth more than any amount of money. Just some of the tips you've thrown out, probably not even realizing it, have been helpful for me and I'm sure others who might be thinking of doing the same as you. I know I've changed my business plan in places to account for the possibility of this or that, which I got from reading this thread.

I just wanted to let you know that not only are you showing what a man with great patience and resolve can go through and still succeed, but you've also set down a path of ideas and knowledge that people won't find anywhere else, but they can come here and follow and learn if they are willing-- and that's pretty amazing all by itself.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #928
markrvp
Full Fledged Farker

He just posted on Facebook that they are officially open today for lunch!!!!

Old 01-23-2014, 08:40 AM   #929
lennitt
Full Fledged Farker

congrats and good luck
lennitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2014, 08:43 AM   #930
ShizuokaMark
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryboyswagger View Post
I've been reading this thing since the beginning man and I have to say...Wow. I've been contemplating opening my own place down here and I've been worried about what I might have to deal with or stuff that I didn't account for. This post is such an eye opener and such a wealth of knowledge about the "what might happens."

I hope that right now the updates are going to be few and far between, I've got my fingers crossed that you're slinging meat like a madman today. I thought that since you've obviously been having a pretty rough few months, it might be worth knowing that not only are you making your own dreams happen, but that I think that this thread is helping to shape other people's dreams into something that they can make possible for themselves. I know that it has helped me really understand what I might face when I open up a place and that kind of knowledge is worth more than any amount of money. Just some of the tips you've thrown out, probably not even realizing it, have been helpful for me and I'm sure others who might be thinking of doing the same as you. I know I've changed my business plan in places to account for the possibility of this or that, which I got from reading this thread.

I just wanted to let you know that not only are you showing what a man with great patience and resolve can go through and still succeed, but you've also set down a path of ideas and knowledge that people won't find anywhere else, but they can come here and follow and learn if they are willing-- and that's pretty amazing all by itself.
Well said.
ShizuokaMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->