MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #61
Budman1
is one Smokin' Farker

I second the whiskey! Best of luck to you!

Bob
Semper Fi
Budman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #62
K-Barbecue
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jim

Good luck to you. Keep us posted !

Old 05-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #63
BobM
Babbling Farker

Great post, the best of luck to you!
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #64
DJ_Golden_Child
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Congrats on your big step.I'm doing the same thing here in Germany because the BBQ market is bare and the Americans are plentiful.
DJ_Golden_Child is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #65
Banjoe
On the road to being a farker

Looking forward to a great success story here. You seem to have a good grasp on what you've jumped into and aren't trying to sail off to the land of unicorns and rainbows.

Very best to you on this incredible adventure.
Banjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #66
lowbass
is One Chatty Farker

Good luck!
lowbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #67
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjoe View Post
Looking forward to a great success story here. You seem to have a good grasp on what you've jumped into and aren't trying to sail off to the land of unicorns and rainbows.

Very best to you on this incredible adventure.
Do you have a map to this place of Unicorns and Rainbows?

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #68
Nut

All the best to you!

As many, I'll be following with interest. No, I don't have any plans, but who know what will happen in a few years time?

Old 05-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #69
qnbiker
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Lew

Good luck. People tell me all the time I should go into the barbecue business. I do cater once in a while but just because I enjoy it. I know I don't have what it takes to do it for a living. Kudos for having the b***s to go for it. Enjoy the dream!

Old 05-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #70
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I wish you nothing but the best of luck.I too have endured the probing of friends to venture into the business.I like to cook.For fun,not because I have to.After conversations with current and former owners,I decided that only a swimming pool would be more of a P.I.T.A. than running a Q joint 24/7.It will be a 24/7 job even if you are open a few hours per day,a few days a week.Godspeed friend.On the other hand if you do what you TRULY love,you will never work a day.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2013, 06:50 AM   #71
Banjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ View Post
Do you have a map to this place of Unicorns and Rainbows?
Unfortunately, I don't have a good map. Fortunately, there are hundreds of people selling them every day on the Internet. They all promise to get you to that wonderful land if you just send them all your money.

It's good to see our buddy isn't going into his new adventure with sparkly eyes but with a steely stare on reality.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #72
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

I know a few people mentioned seeing pictures of the kitchen, so I was able to get a few of those today. Also took a few measurements and it looks like I might be able to keep the smoker inside and utilize one of the existing ventilation exhaust ducts. That would be a huge improvement, so hopefully that will work out so I don't have to keep it out back in the shed.

The kitchen isn't much to look at, but that's fine. Only real work needed back there as per the health inspector was a new drop ceiling since the ceiling now is practically falling down, and then fix up the vinyl tiles on the floor or pull them all up and just paint/seal the concrete.

The big antique ice machine is going, though. It takes up a ton of space and even cuts off part of the doorway making it hard to get through. Going to get a soda dispenser/ice maker combo from Coke to put out in the dining room instead.

Here's even more refrigeration. A big three door unit.

There's a stove and oven tucked in the corner, but I think I can pull that, move the storage racks, and shoehorn the smoker there and tie into that exhaust, which would save a fortune. Hoping that works out now.

The walk-ins.

And finally, the main cooking area. Just a grill, large flat top, and fryer right now, but the flat top is going away and I plan on putting in a combo range/griddle unit there instead.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #73
FormulatedFire
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Great looking setup can't wait to watch it progress. Good luck!

Is it bad to want a flat top in my house...I think it would be awesome.
FormulatedFire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #74
Woody1911a1
Full Fledged Farker

wow , what a great start . place looks awesome :)
Woody1911a1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #75
Banjoe

Hopefully there's a strong market in your area for used restaurant equipment because you have some gold in the units you're moving out that will help offset the good stuff you're putting in.

This is an exciting adventure - thanks for sharing.

Thanks from:--->