• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cold and windy... its time to BBQ

BBQ Bandit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
... Brisket, that is - trimmed up packer and dusted with a mix of Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow and Henry's Pecan rub.

It's 7:30 pm, 37* outside and blustering winds gusting over 30 mph. I must be nuts. :crazy: Tied down a canopy with 3 wall panels on the windward side... leaving the exposed side downwind. Cranked up the WSM - and is cruising @ 260-275 under the canopy.

20121221_1818121.jpg

Untitledwsm.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Hope the canopy lasts thru the night - or will end up finishing off in the oven.

Will update thru the night.

Nice, good choice of weather to cook in Bob. I can't remember that last cook I saw you do for yourself, on the WSM.

It's a labor of love, Bob. He's feeding the Army! We really appreciate it, Bandit. You know Michael's looking forward to it. Glad you'll be here to supervise, 'cause we need some experience here!! :grin:

Looking good, Bob! We'll be checking in with you on and off throughout! :wink:

I showed the pron to Michael. To say he broke out in a chit-eatin' grin would be an understatement. lol You've got your own little cheering section over here, Bob. :thumb:

Put the cover back on and let it smoke Bob!!!
Was blowing 45 here again this afternoon but now it has calmed down a lot.

We'll be eating good tomorrow. That's a fact!! :thumb:

Hope you're staying warm as much as possible, brother. Hmmm.... I must be hallucinating. I'd swear I can smell it all the way over here. :wacko:

Will not be far from the truth...

At the 8 hour mark - the wind was starting to have its way with the canopy... and had to fall into plan B. Had to take down the wall sections... the WSM was starting to dip towards 200* with a stoked fire.

The brisket is fine... hovering in the mid 170* range - and transferred to the oven to finish.
Gotta tell you... had to resist the urge... now my house smells like the wonders of BBQ.

Now how the fark am I going back to sleep now with that sexy brisket aroma lingering?

20121222_0342301.jpg

i used to smoke with the weber in 29 degree weather in NY STATE got tired of the cold and moved to Arizona. I like yur canopy i just smoked on the porch with snow faling . here in az its not windy but its hot

merry christmas

http://thebarbecuemaster.net

Back