Boneless pork loin chops

MIKEMAC

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I just picked up some boneless pork loin chops at Publix. 3 of them somewhere between an inch and a half and two inches thick. I have some nice pork rub for them. I haven't ever done any on the smoker and I am thinking about trying it tomorrow. Am I wasting my time? I guess what I am asking is Grill or Smoker?

You can take those either way, I usually smoke them, as those thicker ones will respond well to low temperature cooking. You could also sear them, then let them cook in a slow cooker until done. Done for me is more like 140F or so.

You can take those either way, I usually smoke them, as those thicker ones will respond well to low temperature cooking. You could also sear them, then let them cook in a slow cooker until done. Done for me is more like 140F or so.
I was thinking about a reverse sear, like I do for my steaks. Should I serve them as soon as they are done or let them sit for a little while?

landarc has some sage advice. For me personally, I get whole loins from Sams and usually cut them to about an inch and a half like yours. I like to just grill at lower temps with a little wood for smoke flavor and then sear at the end. If you do end up smoking them, please document and let us know how it turns out.

landarc has some sage advice. For me personally, I get whole loins from Sams and usually cut them to about an inch and a half like yours. I like to just grill at lower temps with a little wood for smoke flavor and then sear at the end. If you do end up smoking them, please document and let us know how it turns out.
I am going to attempt to post my first pron. I am doing mac & cheese and baked beans tonight and have been taking pictures at every step.

Any thoughts on applying the rub tonight and letting it sit or should I just do it before I start cooking?

Well, call me lazy but I wouldn't go through the trouble of smokin just pork chops. I'd fry 'em up with rice 'n gravy on the side! I'd only go through the trouble of firing up the smoker for a hunk of meat like minimum a loin or ever better a butt! Let us know how it goes!

Hill Country, TX BBQ joints use a savory rub on thick cut pork loin chops and cook at a low temp. They are addictive.

Well, call me lazy but I wouldn't go through the trouble of smokin just pork chops. I'd fry 'em up with rice 'n gravy on the side! I'd only go through the trouble of firing up the smoker for a hunk of meat like minimum a loin or ever better a butt! Let us know how it goes!
I've got one of those easy electric smokers. Turn on the smoker with the remote, set the temp, when it gets to the right temp put some wood in the wood tray and then throw on the food. I am smoking mac & cheese and baked beans right now!

I BBQ them low and slow all the time at 250 with Apple and Hickory until internal temp of 155. They are awesome!

I put my baked beans in the smoker under a shoulder or ribs and let the drippings drip onto them. After a six hr smoke they are delicious.

I would rub them tonight if you wish, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and let them sit. When you are ready to fire up the smoker, remove them, hit em with a little more rub. Smoke until rare, 120F internal, remove, heat up grill and sear to 140F, then rest for 10 to 15 minutes.

Yes, as others have suggested, go with a reverse sear, and smoke during the indirect phase, and if you want them nice and juicy, I'd pull them off when the internal temp reaches 145. Definitely let them rest for 5-10 mins before you eat them.

Here's a pork chop cook I did a while back:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114585

Back