Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Manorville NY, Smokin At The Maples. Team list as of July 6

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
We are at 27 paid teams and 3 Reserves. Only a few spots left!

1. TNT Dynamite BBQ - Oceanside NY
  2. B Ready Foods - Hauppauge NY
  3. 2 Fat Polacks - Manorville NY
  4. Slower Lower BBQ - Milton DE
  5. Black Caddy BBQ - LI, NY
  6. I like Smoke N Lightening - Bayshore NY
  7. Cousins BBQ - NY NY
  8. Pigman And the Sounders - Glenrock NJ
  9. Grim Reaper Smokers - Islip NY
  10. Big Barry Q - West Islip NY
  11. Smoke-in-da-eye(Featuring: The Spice Fairy)
  12. Smoke 'N Barrel Competition BBQ Team
  13. ZBQ
  14. Smokin' Irish
  15. Ma's Que Crew
  16. Fat Guys and a Little Smoke
  17. Out of The Ashes
  18. Smokenstein & The Monster Crew
  19. Babylon Grillbillies
  20. Smokers Lounge BBQ
  21. McFrankenboo BBQ
  22. Grill Scouts
  23. Cues your Daddy and the Teal Green Camaro Fan Club
  24. [SIZE=+1]Bad Ass Competition BBQ Team [/SIZE]
  25. ED-QUE-CATORS BBQ
  26. Smokin Aces
  27. Bogies Grill Hogs

Rules are in the cooks packet available on the website http://www.bbqbattleli.com
Teams will also receive this and other instructions via email shortly.

http://www.bbqbattleli.com

i had 3 call in reservations tonight. It puts us at 31. We will be capping soon. No more than 35. Im going to the venue this week to lay out spots and may cap sooner. Anyone on the fence best decide soon. :p

We got some press today in Newsday!

BBQ BATTLE

Long Island's longest-running barbecue competition, the Battle of the BBQ Brethren (now in its fifth year), will take place over the weekend of Aug. 6 and 7 at The Maples in Manorville. The weekend promises to be a blast, with live music, a car show, cooking demonstrations and barbecue for sale from competition sponsor RUB BBQ of Manhattan (said to soon be opening a satellite restaurant in East Meadow).

Of course, the centerpiece of any competition is the cooking. On Sunday, teams will compete in a New York State championship in four categories: chicken, pork ribs, pork shoulder and brisket. Saturday, however, there's a bit of a free-for-all: a grilling competition open to any and all comers. Backyard warriors will have to turn in an appetizer, two "chef's choices" and a dessert. The top finishers will go head-to-head against a celebrity BBQ chef in an iron-chef-ish "mystery basket" shootout.

Entrance fees are $250 for the BBQ competition, $50 for grilling. All net proceeds of this event will be presented to the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Suffolk. For more details and to download applications, go to bbqbattleli.com.

Miscount earlier... still 2, maybe 3 spots left.

32 paid teams. Cutting at 35.

I am laying out spots this weekend. if we can fit more, we will re-open.

We have 1 spot left to a 35 cutoff.

HOWEVER....

once the car show ends at 4-5PM on Saturday, we will have room for more teams. the grilling will be over, so it would be for the BBQ event only.

If anyone wants to enter and does not mind coming in late, we may be able to accommodate.

We are Full.

Official Team list will be posted in the morning after I check the PO box for anything that arrived yesterday. 2 new entries came in this morning, but to be fair, its first come first serve. (post marks and paypal dates)

i'm interested in a late arrival entry.

my only concern would be my big cuts injections wouldn't have time to set.

any thoughts/suggestions?

i'm waiting on some checks to come my way soon:roll:, to finance the contest. poobah knows what i mean...:wink:

Is troy paying 29 deep? :pound:

:becky:

that's farkin cold, man. cold.

with IQUE there it better be 30 deep! :rolleyes:

i'm working on a cherry dr. pepper recipe for this contest. any suggestions?

:fish:

:butt:

:behindsofa:

:grouphug:

i'm interested in a late arrival entry.
my only concern would be my big cuts injections wouldn't have time to set.
any thoughts/suggestions?

You're welcome to come early and hang out with the Grill Scouts.

The rules state that once inspected, your meat can't leave the contest site, but it doesn't say anything about the teams site. You can feel free to bring your cooler, have your meat inspected and do your injecting at our area.

I would clear it w/ Don and Leslie for the legalities, but you are welcome to join us.

Eric

wow, simply wow.

this community will never cease to amaze me.

thank you, sir.

as phil alluded to, i need to perform well at Troy to convince my "sponser" that adding another contest is workable for us, even though they aren't about $$(for us), just a great time, there is a piper to pay...

Nice! I'd be interested to know how many of those teams have been in for every Battle, three towns and counting.

And to start off the trash talk, I'm thinking that after a grilling GC year one, a BBQ GC year 2, a 3rd place finish year 3, and a lost tie for RGC last year, I'm going for a GC in grilling AND a GC in barbecue. What say ya'll?

maybe if the contest was in greenwich.

Ah yes, I forgot that I won that little greenwich thing. What would Myron Mixon say???

Phil, still talking with kingsford to see what they can do but aside from product, the process is snail slow. I have a basement full of bbq sauce if we want to do gift baskets or something.

maybe that you cooked your chicken UNDER fire instead of OVER.

:icon_smile_tongue:

Back