Weekend Pron: Italian Beef Sammies

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I know I didn't smoke this but it was so farking good I had to share. I'm sure you guys don't mind.

3 1/2 lb. eye roast rubbed with lots of garlic, onion, crushed red pepper and herbs, done rotisserie style on the Genesis pulled at 135-140

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

I know it's a little guy but I love my meat slicer. Everyone should have one.

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

Sorry about the crappy phone pic for the finished product. Served on a club roll with provolone, roasted green chilies and homemade mac and cheese.

IMAG0123.jpg

looks good to me. gotta love the meat slicer, you're right, everyone should have one:thumb:

Looks great! That's how we (my wife's family, actually, I just inherited the process) build our Italian sausage sandwiches too. Good stuff!

That looks awesome!!!! I gotta get me a slicer!!!! I have slicer envy!!!:hail:

That looks good, what happens to the juices and stock in the pan?

That looks good, what happens to the juices and stock in the pan?

Landarc, sorry for the delayed response.

I poured the juicy goodness from the pan into a sauce pan on the stove and simmered it for a while. I pulled out the onions and cut em up to put on the sandwiches and soaked the beef in the juice on the way to the roll. It's a tough call, you either have to warm up the slices in the juice before you serve each sandwich (if you leave them in too long they get rubbery) or put them in the crock pot for a couple hours to give them time to get tender again. Crock pot works well for parties but this was a smaller family dinner.

The 3+ lb. roast was just about perfect for 6 adults to have 2 sandwiches each with 4 slices per sandwich.

Back