The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 01-26-2014, 09:56 AM   #1
AZ Smoker
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default What's the best Multi-Probe Thermometer?

Wife wants to get me something for the anniversary and I told her I could use a proper probe that can do 2 meats or more.

I looked at the iGrill at BBQ Island the other day and it seems cool but gets horrible reviews.

After some research the IVation (Maverick) seems to have over 450 positive reviews on Amazon and seem great. Whats the best dual probe on the market right now?
AZ Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
Fwismoker
Babbling Farker

The Maverick ET 733 would be a good choice, it monitors 3 things. I have the 732 which does 2.
Mini WSM uds style, Jumbo Mini WSM aka Jimmy, newly renovated Big Poppa Black powder coated UDS, Kettle, Potbelly Stove Smoker Smoke house w/ Smoke Daddy cold smoke generator attached.PitmasterIQ,Guru PartyQ ...Keith
Fwismoker is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2014, 10:01 AM   #3
K-Barbecue
is one Smokin' Farker

Thermoworks TW8060.
Micro stickburner Rec-Tec pellet smoker, Yoder YS1500 and Stumps Stretch on order, 14" Original 1880 WSM, and Ridiculously Fast Red Thermapen. Past cookers: FEC100, FEC120, Klose stick burner, 22.5 WSM, Traeger BBQ125, Traeger Lil Tex.
K-Barbecue is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
sliding_billy
Quintessential Chatty Farker

No issues here with the 732 (I have two of them). Just be sure to get the 6' probes if you get one (look at Amazon for combo packages of 732/733 with the 6' probes included). Even if you don't need them, it is nice to not have to worry about the length of the wires. The 3' wires are way too short to use comfortably even if they fit IMO. It also gives you a set of spares since even the combo packages will have the factory probes in the box.

Unread 01-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #5
AZ Smoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliding_billy View Post
No issues here with the 732 (I have two of them). Just be sure to get the 6' probes if you get one (look at Amazon for combo packages of 732/733 with the 6' probes included). Even if you don't need them, it is nice to not have to worry about the length of the wires. The 3' wires are way too short to use comfortably even if they fit IMO. It also gives you a set of spares since even the combo packages will have the factory probes in the box.
Good to know! Thanks

Unread 01-29-2014, 09:49 AM   #6
AZ Smoker

Anyone using the iGrill?

Unread 01-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #7
pigsmoke
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Barbecue View Post
Thermoworks TW8060.
+1 Thermoworks make darn good products and the 8060 is one of the best value for your buck IMO
pigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-29-2014, 01:18 PM   #8
SmokinJohn
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Smoker View Post
Anyone using the iGrill?
I use it sometimes. I love it.

Unread 01-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #9
defence18
Got Wood.

I got the iGrill for Christmas. I don't normally probe my meat the entire cook, but I did a meatloaf a couple of weeks ago, and it was awesome to be able to monitor through my phone in 0 degree weather. Worked fairly well for me, but it did lose it's bluetooth connection for a few minutes at one point.
defence18 is offline   Reply With Quote