UDS cart with prep area build

Looking good so far :thumb:

Another thing that I thought of, if you are using the table space for prep work and such, you might think about figure out a way to have it be expandable. Imaging trying to wrap a butt or brisket and that space gets small real fast. Just a thought.

Maby like a hinged front board that swings down out of the way?

Build a wood frame have a piece of stainless steel bent to fit over it.. Done!

I can supply a file for a set of hinges I build for flat lids if you are intrested in having some cut out on a cnc or Water jet...

attachment.php

I can supply a file for a set of hinges I build for flat lids if you are intrested in having some cut out on a cnc or Water jet...

I haven't though about hinging the lids on. The way I usully work around the edge working the lid on tight I wonder if having the hinges would effect the alignment.. I don't suppose it would, But i've had so many problems getting them to seal i am afraid to mess with it.

I don't know any water jet cutters. But If I did it would be scary what i could build :)

Colonel00 I wish I saw some of these before I started building, Some great ideas you tossed around. I found this picture today because I was thinking of adding an umbrella mount to my cart and this came up in a Google search.

CartwChairUmbrella.png

906763_993828388178_1060073100_o.jpg

Here is how I stand right now. I do have material to add an aluminum shelf above the cutting board. I might do a smoke on the stand to get a feel of how I move around it and where i need hooks and mounts.

A big thing I want is an aluminum foil dispenser It would make sense to have the foil pull across the cutting board, But that would mean mounting the roll under the board... Not sure how to work that out yet.

Colonel00 I wish I saw some of these before I started building, Some great ideas you tossed around. I found this picture today because I was thinking of adding an umbrella mount to my cart and this came up in a Google search.

CartwChairUmbrella.png

Glad you found it regardless. I haven't had a chance to start that whole build process but I have been playing with some design ideas. Here is a picture of the basic frame module and the removable, fold-away work surfaces. Hopefully you can see that the shelf unit just sets down on the square tube via channel.

Single_Module_zps9d7d4c09.png

Ran into a problem of sorts. I've been building this thing to make me more mobile, But I forgot to check on the van it has to fit in. The frame barley fits in the van even without the upper shelf, I have been brainstorming how to fix this, I think the solution will be to have the shelf mounted on the back side with a hinge and the front side pinned down. Then the shelf can be unpinned and flipped backward and down for transport?

The only other option is to make it removable, like slide in and out of a post... Hmm

I haven't though about hinging the lids on. The way I usully work around the edge working the lid on tight I wonder if having the hinges would effect the alignment.. I don't suppose it would, But i've had so many problems getting them to seal i am afraid to mess with it.

I don't know any water jet cutters. But If I did it would be scary what i could build :)

I dont have any problems sealing the top, use the Band...

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
My bands are Bolt down :(

But i am starting to like the hinge Idea. Maby that will be next

Past few days I worked this out. Hinged top Rub and mustard shelf! Still some bracing to do but it proves the concept. And was made using scraped parts off the ramps!

Where did you get the ramps from? What size are they and how much?

I got them second hand. $50 on craigslist. they are available from Cabelas $99

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/prod...=52254830471&gclid=CM-JnJ7U2rYCFYyY4Aod11EAIA

For what I built here I cut a portion of the one ramp off and attached it to the bottom piece to make it longer to hold the drums with a bigger counter. Then cut the short ramp in half to make the uprights.

Ill measure them in the AM to make sure they are not different than that set

Ramps on order:-D Thx for the info, will post my build when the come. The new Stainless UDS will look great on them

Back