Not your daddy's Cowboy lump!

Well, I'm down to the bottom of my bag. I must admit that it is nowhere near as nice looking as the top was. There is a fair amount of dust and mainly inch-size lumps. Overall, I'd say it is not a great bag, but better than average and certainly much better than the old Cowboy and better than the RO I've been getting this year. Through the whole bag, I did not see any recycled lumber, and not one mouse or frog. :tsk:

Picked up a bag of Cowboys and smoked 2 butts yesterday on my Old Country Pecos smoker. First lump I've used in a while, and I was impressed with it. Burned long, consistent heat, and not many small pieces.:thumb:

Opened my second bag and no half barrel.............:cry:

Gore, I'm about due for some more lump. Was that the big 20 lb bag of cowboy or the small one?

Used 2 bags of Cowboy over the past few months. Tons of dust and chips.

I bought my WSM at Ace last March and bought a bag of Cowboy. It was good and I had good results. Then I came on here and felt like a heel for liking it. :cry:

I'd used many kinds since then and I finally bought myself some Royal Oak and used it on Sunday. Complete garbage. There was only 1 or 2 pieces bigger than my thumb. And one of those looked like a 6" piece of a board from a pallet.

I might head to Ace and go back to Cowboy :-o

I bought my WSM at Ace last March and bought a bag of Cowboy. It was good and I had good results. Then I came on here and felt like a heel for liking it. :cry:

I'd used many kinds since then and I finally bought myself some Royal Oak and used it on Sunday. Complete garbage. There was only 1 or 2 pieces bigger than my thumb. And one of those looked like a 6" piece of a board from a pallet.

I might head to Ace and go back to Cowboy :-o

If you like doing business with ACE you can order wicked good weekend warrior online and it will ship to the store for free. Ace online almost always has a coupon code for anywhere from 10-15 dollars off. I think my last order was $17 for the 22 pound bag. Yes its a little more but you get what you pay for.

Back