MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #61
BobM
Babbling Farker

Wow, that looks really good, great job!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 12-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #62
Bigmista
somebody shut me the fark up.

Man I wanted to come but I got soaked at the Market that morning and had the chills by the time I got home. Spent the rest of the evening on the couch fight a cold.

Looks like a great time and a great meal.

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #63
campdude
Babbling Farker

Greg,
Can't say thanks enough for the invite. I had a farkin' fantastic time, and ate way too much, a true sign of great food! I'll second what Ray (Silverfinger) said about your friends. It was a great crowd and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone. Putting a face to the name of the fellow Brethren was cool too. Wish I could have conversed with some more than I did. Oh well, next time, I guess.
What can I say about the pig that hasn't already been said. It was PERFECT, period! You could not have made it any better. All the food, and there was a lot, was extremely good. Your setup made me jealous. Wish I had more space. Thanks for the kind words in the OP. Have a Happy New Year. Hope to be able to get together again soon.
campdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #64
gtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfinger View Post
I guess some might think that. They all kinda looked like me and the friends I have. Lol. I felt right at home with those guys!!! It was so funny, we were all sittin there and they were tripping on my skynyrd shirt and one of them says, soo, I take it your a Lynyard skynyrd fan so i pulled out my left arm and showed them my tattoo I got when I was 18 years old.
They all just started laughing.

That is farkin awesome! We're of the same tribe brother! BTW finishing the bacon fried rice right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmista View Post
Man I wanted to come but I got soaked at the Market that morning and had the chills by the time I got home. Spent the rest of the evening on the couch fight a cold.

Looks like a great time and a great meal.
I got soaked that morning as well. We had lightning strike right over our farking heads! I thought I was gonna jump out of my skin. My kids of course thought it was really cool.

Hopefully we'll see ya next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by campdude View Post
Greg,
Can't say thanks enough for the invite. I had a farkin' fantastic time, and ate way too much, a true sign of great food! I'll second what Ray (Silverfinger) said about your friends. It was a great crowd and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone. Putting a face to the name of the fellow Brethren was cool too. Wish I could have conversed with some more than I did. Oh well, next time, I guess.
What can I say about the pig that hasn't already been said. It was PERFECT, period! You could not have made it any better. All the food, and there was a lot, was extremely good. Your setup made me jealous. Wish I had more space. Thanks for the kind words in the OP. Have a Happy New Year. Hope to be able to get together again soon.
Thanks for coming and it was really great to meet and hang with you. And you see this here?

You see where the level started and where it got to? I did that in about 15 minutes. By myself. And I didn't stop after I took the pic.

BTW I went through the stuff we threw in the pan and there was only about another pound there, so we got it pretty good.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?

Last edited by gtr; 12-31-2012 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: Bacon fried rice update!
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #65
campdude
Babbling Farker

Glad you enjoyed the salsa. Was that the mild or medium? I didn't know how many people would like it hot, so I tried to be mellow with the chilis.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #66
gtr

^^^That was the mild. I like 'em both, just happened to grab that one. I dumped the medium over some ribs and assorted bones yesterday, plus made a couple tacos w/salsa and it worked really well.

***on edit

Just stumbled across those candy thingees you made. What's the story there? those are amazing! They may not make it through the night.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?

Last edited by gtr; 12-31-2012 at 10:38 PM..

Old 12-31-2012, 11:08 PM   #67
campdude
Babbling Farker

I meant to ask you if your lovely wife shared them. They were some chocolate coconut caramels that I made. I didn't have enough left for the whole party, so I thought I'd just bring some for the host and hostess .

Old 12-31-2012, 11:11 PM   #68
gtr

We're loving them!
WTFWGALD?

Old 12-31-2012, 11:30 PM   #69
campdude
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
We're loving them!

Old 01-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #70
silverfinger
Babbling Farker

There was so much food I never got a chance to try it all. But I can say this much, I did not see a dish that I did not want to try. I wish I could have tasted them all!!!

What a feast!!!!

Smoking up the "Fattened Fat Of The Cow".
Got a stick-burner! :mrgreen:
UDS In Progress: Thank's Q-Junky! :thumb:
Blackstone griddle.
50 year Old Imperial Kamado with ears.
Fire pit. Weber Kettle.
silverfinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #71
BBQ_MAFIA

its great to see a group of friends having a good time and sharing a fantastic meal.
The pig looks great.

Lang 60
Lang 84 Deluxe Warmer with Chargrill
Large Spicewine
Large BGE
XL - BGE
Med. BGE ( Bought it for my son Vincenzo)
Brinkman Snp
Brinkman ECB
GOSM
Weber Kettle
Kenmore Elite Gasser
Camp Chef Outdoor Stove
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 36" Griddle
1-Banjo
BBQ_MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #72
Enkidu
Take a breath!

Quote:
There was also a girl there (don't remember her name) that brought a big dish of collard greens that were the best I ever had!!
Those collards were awesome!

Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #73
Enkidu
Take a breath!

Quote:
There was so much food I never got a chance to try it all. But I can say this much, I did not see a dish that I did not want to try. I wish I could have tasted them all!!!

What a feast!!!!
Oh, I tasted them all... some of them multiple times. 4 plates, Silverfinger... 4 plates...

Yeah, I eat more than my friend Chris that you met.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #74
slow-smoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Greg, I'm late to the party on this thread (farking work), but it looks like you guys had some serious fun and fantastic food. The pig looks great and I'm encouraged to try it myself sometime. Glad you posted the pics too.

-[B]Mike[/B]

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]48" Klose Backyard Chef[/COLOR], Primo Oval XL[/SIZE]

Stealth-Grey Thermapen, Maverick ET-732
slow-smoker is offline   Reply With Quote