Smoker build-slowly but surely

I have the metal on the way for the tool boxes. That'll be 12ga and be broke and sheared so it'll be nice and neat. I'm getting closer to the end.

So now I need some paint ideas!! Which brand will stay on the fire box and the chamber? I don't want it pealing in 2 months.

Musky... Dang that looks good. What are you using to glue the steel together, Tig, Mig or Arc.. what power, what rod/wire, gas gasless. I count 3 trolley Jacks.... thats some nice workshop setup you got.
Muzza.

Thanks for the compliments. This is without doubt the nicest this I have ever built. It's a Lincoln 160E wire welder with .035 wire and is on gas. All the cutting was done with a plasma cutter I borrowed. Man, gotta get me one of those!!

I use to heads-up drag race so I built the shop for that. It's nice to have an air conditioned shop!!!

Oh yeah I have another surprise coming for the new cooker!! I can say I have never seen this on a portable cooker.

But I'm not letting the cat out of the bag just yet!!!

Like Roscoe always said--"Good News Good News!!"

Springs are on the property.

That's a pretty good idea haven't thought of that!!

I guess I can let the cat out of the bag. The side tool box has a compartment in the from of it that will house a pony keg!!

Yep, ice cold keg beer on the cooker. The tower will be mounted beside the prep table on the left side.

I'm anticipating some tailgate parties!!!
Or some Saturday night ribs all by myself. LOL

I didn't get much done this weekend. Had to spend some of the cooker money on school clothes. DANG IT! Oh well they always come first.

BUT I did find the score of the month at a corner homeboy tire shop. I picked up a really good set of Yokohama tires and some American Racing wheels used. Got the set for $180. Last place in town!
View attachment 68571View attachment 68572

And a set of tractor supply fenders. I plan on using flat metal the trim the front and rear of the fenders.

Last edited:
Darn sharp

I have almost the same plan in mind for a new comp rig. Working on my chicken charcol pit now materials for trailer in garage.

That thing is stout. Excellent cooker and tons of storage... and big time pretty too. Great fab work too.

Suggestion for consideration
1. The space at rear... gas burner for beans or wok. Also space for duch oven cooker for potatoes
2. Where the tonge meets the frame it is well braced on inside with tubing. Might need a patch on outside say 3 inch x 3/16 about 8-10 inches to protect from stress crack later on.
3. Buy a super big chain and lock, keep it under cover maybe some pit bulls too

thanks for the pics, too! Best of luck

Back