Bacon Cheese Sausage Burgers On My New Kettle (Pron a plenty)

nrok2118

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
After seeing Zings post http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99700 I knew I had to try this. Problem was I dont have a grill. So I sprung for a new One Touch Gold 22.5.

IMG_0050.jpg

Now time to break it in with some burgers. I made a beef mix with some 80/20 and spices along with an egg and some bread crumbs. Got my Jimmy Dean sausage and started building

IMG_0051.jpg

No pics of the cheese but its in there. Quite frankly they came out a little big

IMG_0053.jpg

The plan was a reverse sear on the kettle, so I lit a chimney of lump and pushed it to the back. I added some chunks of peach wood I recently recieved from fruitawood.com. I let it simmer down and started smoking the burgers indirectly. I think the temp stayed fairly low because I must have had them on there for 30-45 min (wasnt paying attention). By the time they were ready for a sear the coals were dying down and I couldnt get them crisp'd but it may have worked out for the best. They got plump but kept a good burger shape, just a little enormous for everyone. Bottom line: Fa nominal! Everyone loved them. The cheese exploded on the first bite and was quite messy but worth it. I didnt have chili a la Zing's burgers, but I did doctor up some Bush's beans to add that little extra.

IMG_0054.jpg

My creation:
IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

I was the only one who could finish the whole thing, but Ive been preparing for this day for a while :-D

And o yeah check out that smoke ring!

IMG_0058.jpg

Thanks again Zing for the inspiration and a reason to finally pull the trigger on a kettle.

Outstanding looking burger!
I have never tried stuffing a burger with cheese, must add it to my list.

Looks great!

You would have needed a building permit for that bad boy around here.

I really love the Sausage Burgers. You should try it with some pepperjack it is to die for.

I was worried there was going to be a cheese blowout when I saw the pics of all the patties on the platter, but nope.

Those look amazing!!:thumb:

Looks like you nailed it. The burgers look great :clap2:. So does that shiney new cooker.

Back