Labor Day Menus

What else would hole 14 butts, 440 wings and some ribs and fatties.

Taking the horses trail-riding up near E at Truman Lake this weekend. Finally, I think, nailed down sitter for the boy so we can get our 1 weekend this year! LOL Not sure about Monday yet, but it may include a stop at Bellybro's to see the new rig. If I don't get by then the next chance I get for smokin' is the bash. Haven't been able to fire up the bandit since mid-July :(

parrothead said:
What else would hole 14 butts, 440 wings and some ribs and fatties.

Besides my EBC, I thought your Chef could handle that.

And I didnt know you meant all at once. Wings dont take forever

okay, I've got to ask How do you stuff a pork tenderloin? Slit partially and fill and foil? That is sounding pretty darn enticing to me right about now!

Bellybro said:
okay, I've got to ask How do you stuff a pork tenderloin? Slit partially and fill and foil? That is sounding pretty darn enticing to me right about now!

There's a thread here somewhere that contains info on stuffing loins. I use a long, sharp boning knife. Cut an 'X' in each end and meet in the middle. For something like the stuffing I was talking about I tie one end with string before filling. Have a stainless tube that I fill with the stuffing and shove it in. Take a dowel that I sanded down, insert that into the stainless and then pull it back leaving the stuffing in the loin. A pastry bag without a tip works too, just takes longer and is more labor. Tie it off and smoke just about like normal.

cut a 1-2" letter X with a long knife into each end. With the handle of a rolling pin (or whatever you want to use :) ) open up the hole.

Personally I just reach in there, both ends, and connect the holes (now a tube).

Jorge, I think, has a steel cylindar he shoves in there, fill the cylindar with your filling, then slide out the cylindar leaving the stuff.

I stuff by hand, and it can be messy. Use a slightly frozen sausage and it slides in easier. I like to uncase the POOPIE and force it in.

use white cooking string to tie up the ends.

smoke like a regular loin, to 165, wrap in foil to 190, in the cooler.

Pretty damn cool to slice into, nice pink ring, then grey pork ring, then bulleys in the middle what you stuffed it with, infusin some flavor from the middle out.

Brothers,
It is hard to read this thread so close to lunch!
I'll be experimenting with brisket this weekend 99 cents a pound at Albertsons ....I will smoke three
I am going to Dr pepper marinade one, Pineapple juice no. 2, and larding
the third

Is larding also called "plugging" a brisket?

Read about that in a TX cookbook

Here is another way handle stuffing loin, you cut it like peeling an apple. Make it 3/4 to 1" thick and continue until it is laid out flat. then add stuffing and roll back together, tie and cook. It like a pastry roll as far as technique goes.

jminion said:
Here is another way handle stuffing loin, you cut it like peeling an apple. Make it 3/4 to 1" thick and continue until it is laid out flat. then add stuffing and roll back together, tie and cook. It like a pastry roll as far as technique goes.

That's the way I do it.

Good point Jim

In the old days, I would cut a deep trench into the loin, and fill it with spices and such.

your way is a much more even distribution of flavor

It is. I've done it several times. In my case I had probems with the cheese ooooozing out along the open edge even with plenty of twine. On the plus side I was able to apply a ligh coating of rub to the internal face of the loin as well and add some flavor. No question that the method Jim mentioned makes a much nicer presentation using the cheese mixture I was talking about.

BBQchef33 said:
dunno yet.. havent decided.. got 14 people coming though... gotta feed em something.

maybe i should start dinkin huh??

gonna serve 'em some salsa-infested chili?

:twisted:

Great idea racer (sides)

I'm gonna do beans in the dera too.

willkat98 said:
Thanks for the ravioli instructions, I'll pass on the shelf cheese though.

And which beast? The trailer rig?

Ain't no shelf cheese. I'm talking the stuff you pull a wedge out of your fridge and grate it right over the food. Kinda smells like feet though.

parrothead said:
willkat98 said:
Thanks for the ravioli instructions, I'll pass on the shelf cheese though.

And which beast? The trailer rig?

Ain't no shelf cheese. I'm talking the stuff you pull a wedge out of your fridge and grate it right over the food. Kinda smells like feet though.

tastes like it too.

Don;t like it one bit, fresh or not

Back