brisket for banquet

Resesgrill

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
i have a banquet to do and they have requested smoked brisket in a sauce,we have the smoked part down packed but the sauce is another story,anybody have a good recipe for a merlot mushroom sauce or something to that effect??:blabla:

merlot mushroom sauce with bbq brisket? dunno bout that combo. could be great though. i'd experiment first.

This merlot mushroom sauce is what they requested? Or your just trying to come up with something outside the box?

Its always sauce on the side around here but if I was having to come up with something, I'd look more towards a bourbon bbq sauce versus a merlot mushroom....

Catch the drippings from the brisket. Put it in the fridge to remove the fat. Warm and strain. Heat and reduce to a sauce consistency. Add flavors that will complement the rub you used on the brisket.

Catch the drippings from the brisket. Put it in the fridge to remove the fat. Warm and strain. Heat and reduce to a sauce consistency. Add flavors that will complement the rub you used on the brisket.
^^^^^^This.

great idea thanks!!!

I make this up all the time. I use it for special parties and such. Start with butter, seperated drippings, rub, Merlot..... then reduce to 1/2.. add honey or Guave and some more merlot till it foams up....
for your mushrooms use 1/2 portabello 1/2 reg mushrooms, butter, oinion, garlic, bacon and rub, put in smoker..
serve two ways, either seperate or once mushromms are 1/2 way cooked mix in with sauce..
I just got home from a big cattering gig and this WENT BIG TIME...brisket goes real good or tri tip or prime rib..it goes ver BIG..

i make this up all the time. I use it for special parties and such. Start with butter, seperated drippings, rub, merlot..... Then reduce to 1/2.. Add honey or guave and some more merlot till it foams up....
For your mushrooms use 1/2 portabello 1/2 reg mushrooms, butter, oinion, garlic, bacon and rub, put in smoker..
Serve two ways, either seperate or once mushromms are 1/2 way cooked mix in with sauce..
I just got home from a big cattering gig and this went big time...brisket goes real good or tri tip or prime rib..it goes ver big..

thanks this was a very big hit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back