Work in Progress

B

bbqpigskin

Well, I have asked a ton of questions and have gotten a ton of help from people on this site concerning building my own smoker. I appreciate them all. I decided to post a few pics of my smoker in progress. I should have the tailer done next week, so I'll be able to mount the cooker and start cutting the doors, building the racks, tuning etc. Any input is welcome.

Thanks,

Attachments

• BBQ 001.jpg
    BBQ 001.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Trailer.jpg
    Trailer.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 130
  • BBQ2.jpg
    BBQ2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 129
  • Trailer2.jpg
    Trailer2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 129
I would definately raise that firebox up about a 1/4" of an inch:biggrin:

Sledneck said:
I would definately raise that firebox up about a 1/4" of an inch:biggrin:

You sure? I'm thinking 3/16 of an inch should be enough.

What are the giving away in the office?

attachment.php

Very nice. I would like to do that sometime. How long and what diameter is that pipe¿

I see no holes between the inner and outer firebox. Mine has holes drilled on the backside where the door closes up against it. Other than that it looks like your doing great on your project.

Mike

The pipe is 24" in diameter and 6' long. The firebox is 24"x24" made from 3/8" plate.

BBQBull- The third picture down is a shot going in through the firebox door opening into the cooking chamber. The door is already made and has slider intake vents on it.

By the way, I think I'll go with 3/16!

bbqpigskin said:
The pipe is 24" in diameter and 6' long. The firebox is 24"x24" made from 3/8" plate.

BBQBull- The third picture down is a shot going in through the firebox door opening into the cooking chamber. The door is already made and has slider intake vents on it.

By the way, I think I'll go with 3/16!

I saw that opening to the cooking chamber. Im refering to the insulated firebox. Is that airtight? If so when you stoke the firebox, im concerned that the air will expand between the interior and exterior walls. I have an insulated firebox also on my mobile pit. The builder drilled small holes to alleviate sp? an explosion. The holes are drilled as you look at your open firebox picture. Just my 2 cents here.

The firebox is not insulated. It is just made out of plate.

I'd like to suggest some doors so you don't have to put the food in thru the fire box.

Looks good! Keep us updated!

Offset

I have one but I didn't build but I wished they would've put a ash pit for removal of ash while the smoker is fired, an idea while your still in the building fazz:idea:

Put a little downward angle to your pit so the grease runs away from the firebox opening and towards the drain valve. You are putting in a drain right?....

Back