MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:24 AM   #46
SmokedUpBBq
Found some matches.

I just spoke with Frank over at Richmondtown and he told me that they wont have as much meat as last year to give out to us for the PC and we should only expect about 10lbs from them.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:21 AM   #47
eggzlot
Take a breath!

If you are doing PC's have some extra team members on hand to help. You are responsible for passing out the samples from your set up, and its during the same time as KCBS turn ins. Can get very hectic if you are a 1-2 person team.
eggzlot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2014, 11:21 AM   #48
trohrs123
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokedUpBBq View Post
I just spoke with Frank over at Richmondtown and he told me that they wont have as much meat as last year to give out to us for the PC and we should only expect about 10lbs from them.

did you happen to mention to him the comments in this thread regarding how the people's choice is handled ?

Extreme BBQ Trailer
2 Humphrey Pints and Half Pint, 2 Cubed Pints
18" WSM, Hasty Bake Ranger, Weber Performer
Old No 7
trohrs123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2014, 11:39 AM   #49
SmokedUpBBq
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trohrs123 View Post
did you happen to mention to him the comments in this thread regarding how the people's choice is handled ?
No i actually didnt since this is my first contest I have been in contact with him and Eze regarding some items essentially because this is all new to me. I would say that they have been more then helpful with the items i have brought up so i dont know if someone with some experience who can speak better regarding it would want too. Here is his email if anyone wants to run with it.

[email protected]

Old 04-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #50
CodyJ.
Full Fledged Farker

Just a heads up. I spoke with one of the guys from Richmond Town. I just wanted to ensure that I could pre-trim my meats. Just like the KCBS rules indicate. I got confirmation via email that pre-trimming is fine, just no pre-seasoning.

This is fully what I expected, but just wanted to ensure that some meat inspector doesnt have a stick up his rear if I pre-trim.

See you all next Friday.
CodyJ. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #51
Red Valley BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJ. View Post
This is fully what I expected, but just wanted to ensure that some meat inspector doesnt have a stick up his rear if I pre-trim.
If the Muller's are doing the meat inspection, there will be no issues with pre-trimmed meats. I cook 5 or 6 comps a year that they rep and I pre-trim with no issues. They are great reps.

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #52
joemat
Full Fledged Farker

Does anyone know how many teams will be competing?

Was wondering how this year will compare to last.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #53
blackeyedpig
Got Wood.

Latham House BBQ will be there. I spoke with Frank last Thursday and he said they had closed the comp. to new teams because they are up to 39. However, he said several teams are only coming to do PC on Saturday.

As someone who did this comp last year (as Bacanak BBQ) I will say that PC was a disaster for a small team like ours. The turn out is huge which is great for them but awful for the teams because you'll have a line at your spot, a large line, and you'll be trying to prep your 12:30, 1:00 and 1:30 turn in's while people clammer for a small cup of pulled pork. If they'd start the PC at 1:35 I'd consider it but set up the way it is I'm passing this year. Come by my site at 1:35 and I'll give away most of what I've cooked but leave me alone until then.

And yes, Anthony and Richmond County Pit Bros. did win PC last year and the home field advantage obviously had something to do with that BUT Anthony's a good guy and I was glad to see him walk away with the $$$.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Let's hope for a warm, dry couple of days.
blackeyedpig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2014, 11:41 PM   #54
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

I started another thread with this but might as well post here as well. Swing by our site friday night for a beer and a burger, all competitors are welcome

[B][COLOR=Green][URL="http://www.tailgatejoe.com"]TailgateJoe.com[/URL] -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party[/COLOR][/B]
[B]Fast Eddy's Cookshack:[/B] Dual FEC120s
[B]Meadow Creek:[/B] BBQ42
[B]Weber:[/B] Ranch Kettle, 22.5 WSM, OTG 22.5
[B]Pit Barrel Cooker[/B]
[B]Crown Verity gassers:[/B] 4 MCBs from 36-72 inch
[B]Instagram/[/B][B][B]Twitter[/B]/Facebook: [/B]@tailgatejoe
[B]Youtube: @tailgatejoedotcom[/B]
TailGateJoecom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2014, 12:27 AM   #55
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

thanks!! Medium Rare please. Extra cheese!!

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2014, 02:06 AM   #56
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
thanks!! Medium Rare please. Extra cheese!!
You got it!
[B][COLOR=Green][URL="http://www.tailgatejoe.com"]TailgateJoe.com[/URL] -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party[/COLOR][/B]
[B]Fast Eddy's Cookshack:[/B] Dual FEC120s
[B]Meadow Creek:[/B] BBQ42
[B]Weber:[/B] Ranch Kettle, 22.5 WSM, OTG 22.5
[B]Pit Barrel Cooker[/B]
[B]Crown Verity gassers:[/B] 4 MCBs from 36-72 inch
[B]Instagram/[/B][B][B]Twitter[/B]/Facebook: [/B]@tailgatejoe
[B]Youtube: @tailgatejoedotcom[/B]
TailGateJoecom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2014, 07:58 PM   #57
speedrcer1
is One Chatty Farker

Anyone need a Pit-Bitch?
No shigging disclosure will be signed.
Member Purple Pork Masters Team (Team on Vacation)
Bubba-Keg [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][/FONT][/SIZE]
"New" 2000 Traeger BBQ100
KCBS 54236, Certified KCBS judge
Certified MOINK Baller
Super-Fast, Super-Non Stealthy ORANGE Themapen RIP. Now Yellow. Orange color retired.
speedrcer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #58
Papasmokem
Got rid of the matchlight.

Hey Im not competing being that Im still a little wet behind the Ears can I volunteer for any of you teams that may want an extra pair of culinary hands? I can do most anything and Ill stay out of the way......

Mario
Big Papa Smokem BBQ Est. 2011
Papasmokem is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #59
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

speed racer.. you're hired! and Mario, your welcome in our camp too. Look for black trailer and brethren pig. hard to miss.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #60
joemat
Full Fledged Farker

Well the new pit finally arrived. Ordered it back on December 2nd. I uncrated it today and put the wheels on. Solid as a tank.

Staten Island will be the first real cook. Will get it seasoned tomorrow and try to do a test cook. Gonna be rough not having a lot of hours with it but I will have my BGE's as well. It will be a fun time anyway. Looking forward to seeing you guy's.

Last edited by joemat; 07-05-2016 at 09:22 PM..
joemat is offline   Reply With Quote