Rotisserie Turkey (as if you haven't had enough)

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I've seen some mighty fine birds gracing the site this past week and I didn't have to cook for Thanksgiving dinner, but I did do a couple big birds as training for the Holidaze! I hadn't seen anyone post a rotisserie turkey, so I decided to get turning!
12 lb. on the EZ-Que/Performer
100_2102.jpg

Royal Oak lump with a couple Hicory chunks, indirect with drip pan
100_2103.jpg

I mixed 2 sticks of butter with a Tablespoon each of: Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme, Tarragon. 4 cloves of Garlic, salt and pepper and stuck a couple spoonfuls under the skin of each brea$t and massaged in and basted every half hour.
100_2104.jpg

@2+ hours of spinning and this badboy was done to perfection! Crispy skin, moist white meat and great flavor. This was a recipe I saw on BBQU-Extreme Grilling. Pretty easy and it frees up the oven during crunch time!
100_2105.jpg

Also did an Apple/Maple brined turkey earlier in the week on the UDS that turned out very good too! Along with Buckboard Bacon's on the BGE and UDS
it was a slow week.

Brian, I think you should keep working overtime, cause when you come back to cook, YOU COOK! that looks so good...as I said before, I sure wish I cooked a turkey this week!!:mad: Wheres all the fix'ins?:p

Brian.........as usual, I hate you.....I mean, as usual I suffer from Weber envy. I have yet to own the rotisserie or slide aside.

But wife informed me I'm gettin em for Christmas!

Question: does the lid ever go on that collar part during the cook?

Great looking turkey Brian, Gobble Gobble!:icon_bigsmil

Back