Humphrey's Lump

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank LMAJ once again for letting me know about this stuff, and where I could get it. I can grab 10, 20 or 40 lb bags right down the street from my house.

I love Wicked Good but it's expensive and for the money you really can't beat the Humphrey's. I usually buy the 20 lb bags and I think they're like $12. They only had the 10 lb bags left last time I was there, she told me the new shipment would be coming in soon.

This is what I want to see when I open a bag of lump. 10lb bag btw.

DSC_0120-001.jpg

I took out those top few pieces and dumped the rest in a box. Nice size pieces throughout.

DSC_0123-001.jpg

and here's the shake left in the bottom of the bag. Not much.

DSC_0122-001.jpg

So thanks again LM, and if anyone can get their hands on some Humphrey's, I say go for it. :thumb:

Jason,

How does it compare to RO? I used to use kroger lump until I found RO. To me, it burns unbelievably clean, but I'm looking for something that comes in bigger bags. I can only get RO around here in 8 lb. bags.

Dave

I get it in fleetwood, where in boyertown carry's it?

Pottstown Roller Mills. It's been a couple weeks since I've been there, you may want to call first just to make sure they still have some left. Like I said they were down to 10lb bags last time I was there. She didn't say exactly when the new shipment was coming in, just that it would be soon.

Jason,

How does it compare to RO? I used to use kroger lump until I found RO. To me, it burns unbelievably clean, but I'm looking for something that comes in bigger bags. I can only get RO around here in 8 lb. bags.

Dave

Head and shoulders above RO in my opinion. The last few bags of RO I got were absolute garbage. It still sparks a little bit when I hit it with the torch but nothing like the fireworks show with RO. If you can find it, go for it, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

last bag of RO I bought was pretty sad.

Small pieces. Not much dust in the bottom so I dont think it was from it breaking up from rough handling.

My Kroger lump in smaller bags was better than that.

I order Wicked Good from Ace, and mix it with this small stuff

Get my Humphry's briquetts here a mile from were I work cant beat it great guys too.
http://www.firecraft.com/category/charcoal-wood

Hey! Speak of the devil, I was just talking about you in my other thread. :grin:

Is firecraft a brick and mortar store? Where's it located? I know you were back and forth between PA and NY. I'd love to check out the briquettes, I'll have to ask my place if they have them, I never thought to do that. I see firecraft has free shipping over $99 too. :thumb:

They are in West Chester were i am near qvc. They sell all bbq stuff great place to have close by check the site out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Glad that's working out for you Jason. I have noticed the last few bags we cracked open had some really good sized pieces and very little small pieces.

The folks at the roller mill are great - it's about time we make our yearly trip to stock up!

I use Humphrey lump in my offset charcoal basket and the UDS. I get it from a Brethren at the BBQ Equipment Store. Really great price and service.

However, for some reason I just can't get it burn slowly in my Backwoods. I have even tried a maze and it seems to all light up at once. It still burns long, but I find KB to be best in the BWS.

Not a fan of lump in the BWS for long burn times I have always used briquettes.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Back