A Wild Rice Pancake Breakfast

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Just a griddle breakfast.
I had some leftover wild rice blend from the game hen cook I did recently...
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271923
and decided to make wild rice pancakes.

Made my batter using eggs, milk, a bit of flour, baking powder, salt, and the wild rice blend. The rice was cooked in butter with scallions, garlic and bacon.

IsReaUP.jpg

ynhYXUv.jpg

T9PHS7T.jpg

Made some hollandaise first, it takes the most attention. Takes a lot of whisking. lol

I went with two egg yolks since this was a small batch.

NSquHiV.jpg

added lemon juice first, then butter (about 1 tbs at a time)

S7PQDas.jpg

Ylxsqf0.jpg

I set the hollandaise to the back of the Blackstone to keep warm while cooking the rest of breakfast.

YlvpsiW.jpg

Fried the pancakes in a bit of butter til golden...

lcRB3pZ.jpg

3VcTWlV.jpg

heated up some of my home canned smoked salmon in a bit of butter ...

BlYlJB6.jpg

Fried a couple of eggs...

GEIyZNw.jpg

Started the build.

One wild rice pancake...
topped with smoked salmon, more rice, scallions and onions..

cxOR36h.jpg

A second cake...

2yQ8koV.jpg

bEigjoV.jpg

topped with an egg...

I1p07aL.jpg

drizzled the hollandaise on top and breakfast was ready!

9looOpi.jpg

I really liked these pancakes, will make them again in the future!

CZ6SgJ6.jpg

I had breakfast on the back deck. The wild turkeys were roaming around the yard. It was a nice morning! :grin:

bf3ZjF7.jpg

Thanks for looking!

a breakfast to die for Outstanding Adding the salmon sent it over the top :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:
I am eating lunch and that is making me drool

That’s so far above my pay grade I don’t know what to say. Never heard of anything like that and would never have thought of anything like that but it sure looks and sounds great.

Can’t see the tom’s beard very well - nice fan, though. What kinds of spurs and beard did he have? We got a few before May 6 rolled around. It is my favorite season... having a little trouble letting go for the year. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Everything looks amazing. You are so talented! I bet that turkey came up to see what that heavenly smell coming from your house was.

Wow! Jeanie, obviously a lot of love went into that meal, even your eggs are in the shape of a heart on the griddle.

Oh that looks so good! I always like pancakes with butter and an egg over medium on top. Never got that syrup thing. This looks like my kind of savory breakfast!
Never thought to put wild rice into pancakes. Thanks for a great idea.

:hail: That's one of the best plates of food, I have seen in awhile. I use to mix leftover rice in scrambled eggs, and loved it. I can imagine how good that was.

a breakfast to die for Outstanding Adding the salmon sent it over the top :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:
I am eating lunch and that is making me drool

Thanks George! :grin: The smoked salmon went well with the wild rice pancakes. I'll use it again in the future!

Those look incredible Jeanie!
Thanks so much Bob! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! :grin:

That’s so far above my pay grade I don’t know what to say. Never heard of anything like that and would never have thought of anything like that but it sure looks and sounds great.

Can’t see the tom’s beard very well - nice fan, though. What kinds of spurs and beard did he have? We got a few before May 6 rolled around. It is my favorite season... having a little trouble letting go for the year. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It was mostly leftovers Kevin! lol Thanks for the kind comment. :grin: I didn't get a good look at his spurs that day. There are 15 toms and hens roosting in the trees by my house. Three of them are good sized, the rest are last year's crop. I still have one in the freezer, so these are safe for now. :laugh:
Great that you were able to bring some in. Good shootin'! :grin:

AMAZING Jeanie! Delicious looking breakfast!!! :thumb:

Thanks so much Joe! I ate the third pancake later but gave the extra egg to my buddy. (the dog) :grin:

Everything looks amazing. You are so talented! I bet that turkey came up to see what that heavenly smell coming from your house was.

Very kind of you Ron! Thanks! I love that blackstone griddle.. It's so handy!:grin:

Wow! Jeanie, obviously a lot of love went into that meal, even your eggs are in the shape of a heart on the griddle.

Thanks Bill! lol I didn't notice the eggs... :laugh:

Love your creative use of leftovers... I think Hollandaise should be a food group.
I agree!! lol I could drink it with a straw. :laugh: Thanks Hawkeye!

Oh that looks so good! I always like pancakes with butter and an egg over medium on top. Never got that syrup thing. This looks like my kind of savory breakfast!
Never thought to put wild rice into pancakes. Thanks for a great idea.
Me too Kathi!! I don't see how people eat whipped cream and sweet stuff on pancakes that early in the morning. I'm fine with sweet stuff closer to noon but for some reason I like savory breakfasts. Hope you give the wild rice a try. Thanks! :grin:

:hail: That's one of the best plates of food, I have seen in awhile. I use to mix leftover rice in scrambled eggs, and loved it. I can imagine how good that was.
Very kind of you Josh... Thanks so much!
Rice in scrambled eggs sounds great! I'll give it a try! :grin:

Holy Chit Neighbor!

You can make an awesome meal out of just about anything. If you cooked that on tractor wheel, I might have passed out!

Back